Dechaine

ByronJr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm watching poolactiontv on the stream- and Dechaine and Morris get into an argument over the rack. Is it me or does Dechaine argue with everyone he competes with? I've seen Rodney live but not Mike-for those that have been around Mike- is Dechaine a difficult guy ?

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It's called sharking! Imagine arguing every rack with your opponent when you need to be focusing on playing good.

Cracktherack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's just a mild form of cheating, but the rule for "Unsportsmanlike Conduct" does not apply to some players.
If the refs had testicles larger than raisins, they'd disqualify players like Dechaine that pull this crap and then you might see player's attitudes change about manipulating the rack.

Lesh

One Hole Thinkifier
Silver Member
It's called sharking! Imagine arguing every rack with your opponent when you need to be focusing on playing good.

This is true... or so I have been informed of Mr. Mike.
Rack sniffing, sharking, picking, mechanics... etc is nothing new, which is why Referees should always be called upon to rack at the first sign that someone/anyone is overly concerned with the quality of the rack.

Some times its difficult to get the rack perfect, but I do understand that at the level of tournament play you need to have all the advantage you can get. So, I'm not slamming Mike over his ritual concern for the rack, but I think there needs to be some accommodation made for a 3rd party racking for the competitors or just switch to a "rack your own" format. The latter seems to remove the matter completely. If Mike complained about the rack after he himself racked, I would then start slamming Mike for his apparent inability to be happy.

Regards

ByronJr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Youtube

It's just a mild form of cheating, but the rule for "Unsportsmanlike Conduct" does not apply to some players.
If the refs had testicles larger than raisins, they'd disqualify players like Dechaine that pull this crap and then you might see player's attitudes change about manipulating the rack.
I saw a match with him and Jorge Rodriguez getting into it as well... And you guessed it - it was over the rack.

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike Dechaine argue's more about racking than anyone else is basically due to the fact that he reads the rack better than everyone else, maybe he competes with reading the rack good with Corey Deuel, but maybe Corey sometimes let the opponent go with whatever theyre doing, but Mike is not scared to call on anyone.

Now don't get me wrong, i'm not saying that Morris is doing anything because I haven't watched the stream or match, but all I'm saying is, Mike reads the rack really well so sometimes he picks on things more than anyone else, then he calls the opponent if he believes something fishy is going on.

So maybe thats it? this explains why he argues alot about racking.

But in the end lets be honest, the break shot and racking has been a problem in the pool game forever, and this will never change unless the pool world implement a new way of either racking or breaking, and please magic rack lovers, don't tell me magic rack is helpful or fixes it, magic rack destroyed the game further.

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I briefly met Mike recently and he was a very nice guy. But I can see how he could get into debates about the rack. He was showing me breaking tips. We had good, clean, balls and a good rack. I racked them and they looked frozen to me. He leans over and says "See, there are gaps here, here, and here". If there were gaps they were of the 1/64" variety. I assumed he has better eyes and he's a pro who knows how to spot these quickly.

DawgAndy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
he got into a "disscusion" in the weekly tournament here about his racking. The locals don't like it when you remove the rack then adjust the balls

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
A) Wooden rack for 9 ball? WTF. Todays cloth is cut too low to hold balls tight with wooden rack
B) Loser racks= crazy
C) 9 ball is not a game for pro...try 10 ball or better yet 15 ball.
D) Rack 9 on the spot and 2 ball in rear...break from a 6" box, using template.
Johnnyt

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Just a reminder why corporate sponsors see no value
in putting up money to identify their image with
small time selfish petty pool players

Sorry, that has NO bearing on why sponsors chose pool or not. The NFL is full of liars, cheats, drug dealers, rapists, murderers, etc. And they spend a SH1T load of money advertising on football games.

I mean, heck, look how much money gets spent on the Khardashians.... they give pool players the orange crush when it comes to brains and pettiness ;)

If sponsors could make money off it, they'd sell their products at a hanging :p

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Just a reminder why corporate sponsors see no value
in putting up money to identify their image with
small time selfish petty pool players

They argue with each other in every single sport you watch on tv. EVERY SINGLE SPORT. They argue with each other. They argue with the refs... they try to cheat. EVERY SINGLE SPORT. Pool is like a nun compared to sports like basketball or soccer.

In football, if a D lineman jumps across the line and tried to jump back (within the rules), an O lineman is taught to jump to get a free 5 yards then both sides point at each other. So much less ethical than what we see at pool tournaments.

And yet, those other sports are full of sponsors. Why? Because they're much much much much much much more enjoyable to watch. It's not half a dozen fans in the stands, nearly sleeping because they cannot make a sound, like pool. #boring

Last edited:

actionplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
anything we didnt already know here?

mike is a big whiner..
him and orcullo should start their own tour no rules at all of sportsmanship lol

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The rack is EXTREMELY important but sucks for the viewers that have to
endure watching it. People know how Mike is but still try and give him a gaff
rack, either doing it on purpose to throw him off or they really can't rack.
What bothers me more in events is if your behind and start playing better,
the player wants to take a break and go to the washroom or smoke outside.
That's a move I see in almost every event I play in.

7forlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
not taking side or even a fan but
Q: Does wanting a good rack every time you break constitutes as "A move"?
Iwas under the impression that this was the reason for the magic rack or your new "accu rack"

I feel like a person should be allowed to break however they want yet that is a problem for some but never complained about as much as racking, where's the justice? Oh I get it, one matter to "you" while the other doesn't bother "you" so therefore that's the one I jump in and argue on or start a thread (not saying that the OP can't just be asking a question, but others have done so specifically)

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kinda weird

I don't think any one should touch the balls after the rack is removed and I blame no one for looking at a rack and wanting all balls frozen.

He does appear to be a rack "fanatic", but Shane has been accused of the same thing.

A big difference is that at the end of the year Shane has added more to his winning resume then Mike ever will with his current level of play.

Maybe the rack is Mike's thing, like many claim it is or was for Corey and Shane. Unfortunately for Mike he does not come across well when he has rack issues and the sooner he learns to shoot through these issues the better off he will be for it.