Who is Yang, Fargo 832?

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does this guy have a lot of recent games? I remember seeing videos of/hearing about this guy like 5-6 years ago. Was considered one of the better filipinos who didn't travel outside the PI like a jerico banares type

Yeah, I think he spent some time living in Bangkok as well.

A bunch of his games are from two Manny Pacquiao events in the last 6 months or so.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
It's a crying shame that more people don't know who these two are.
If these two guys played nothing but 9 and 10m ball, they would lay waste to the pool world. Yang Fan and Zheng Yubo.
Here is an epic match 19 -18
https://youtu.be/4aTVjU0H8Tg?t=97

The Chinese 8 ball players from China are some of the worlds best cueists. I think a few of them could rather easily transition to snooker, if they wanted. Their strokes are that straight, and to be fair the table is more similar to a snooker table than a typical US pool table. Still, I hope they stay put, because Chinese 8 ball is really doing well in China, which gives opportunity to Europeans and Americans not afraid to travel and try something different.

poolnoob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Coming May would be the first ever Chinese 9 ball event. Would be interesting to see where this would go. Chinese 9 ball is usually played in pool rooms gambling games,no such tournaments then I know of. Up till now.

Sent from my SGP621 using Tapatalk

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Chinese 8 ball players from China are some of the worlds best cueists. I think a few of them could rather easily transition to snooker, if they wanted. Their strokes are that straight, and to be fair the table is more similar to a snooker table than a typical US pool table. Still, I hope they stay put, because Chinese 8 ball is really doing well in China, which gives opportunity to Europeans and Americans not afraid to travel and try something different.
The numbers for this game are kinda staggering: i've read in various reports that between 60 and 100MILLION play Ch.8b on a regular basis. If those are even close to accurate it doesn't take a genius to see that they would produce a LOT of world-class players. The ones at the very top are crazy good. I've watched it a lot and am blown away by the quality of play.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve been to China several times in the past 15 years to the Shenzhen manufacturing industry. Every time I play some pool. The room I visit is half snooker tables, half pool tables. All the serious players I’ve seen there play traditional snooker.

In Taiwan I only came across American pool tables. And even casual players were playing straight pool.

Ymmv:)

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve been to China several times in the past 15 years to the Shenzhen manufacturing industry. Every time I play some pool. The room I visit is half snooker tables, half pool tables. All the serious players I’ve seen there play traditional snooker.

In Taiwan I only came across American pool tables. And even casual players were playing straight pool.

Ymmv:)
Interesting. I know snooker is huge both in China and Korea. The money pay-outs in Ch.8b are getting pretty juicy. Good money if you can play.