10 pack bar box 8ball

Paul Schofield

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
QUOTE=cptsprmkt; no question about it. 8 ball on a barbox is far more difficult than 9 ball on a barbox. 15 rotation is another story.

For what it's worth I have extensive stats (millions) on players at every level. I can tell you that in every case, as a percentage of racks broke, a player has more break & runs in Eight-Ball than in Nine-Ball. At any rate, this really is a fruitless discussion.

Last edited:

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
That is ridiculous.

Two mid to upper level players will trade bnr's back and fourth on alt break for hours.

And to add on to that, consecutive break and runs are harder during alternate break because you’re getting out of your rhythm.

This doesn’t change the fact that alternate break sucks for long races. It’s very simple. 5-7 is high as you should go with alternate break...very maybe you could go to 9 but that’s pushing it. So for short race tournaments it can be and usually is alternate break...we’re talking about a match that was race to 15. You can’t do that alternate break, it would be horrendous 98% of the time with 2% awesome break and run contests that stay close throughout.

Inevitably though someone breaks dry and the other guy gets up on him then holds his break, other guy now gets kicked in on his break and it’s the beginning of the end in which he has almost zero chance to come back[/QUOTE]

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
That is ridiculous.

Two mid to upper level players will trade bnr's back and fourth on alt break for hours.

And to add on to that, consecutive break and runs are harder during alternate break because you’re getting out of your rhythm.

This doesn’t change the fact that alternate break sucks for long races. It’s very simple. 5-7 is high as you should go with alternate break...very maybe you could go to 9 but that’s pushing it. So for short race tournaments it can be and usually is alternate break...we’re talking about a match that was race to 15. You can’t do that alternate break, it would be horrendous 98% of the time with 2% awesome break and run contests that stay close throughout.

Inevitably though someone breaks dry and the other guy gets up on him then holds his break, other guy now gets kicked in on his break and it’s the beginning of the end in which he has almost zero chance to come back
[/QUOTE]

Do you watch much pool? Preferably pool with mid to upper level players playing alternate break? Lol.

You do get occasional awesome matches where they trade BNR, like SVB and Josh Roberts. But most matches don’t go that way, and once someone gets down a few it’s not likely they can come back...unless it’s a short race. Anyway I’d like to play you sometime...badly. But for now I’m gonna eat and watch stranger things and contemplate winner break

cptsprmkt

Registered
I think it would be smart if pool joined the rest of the sports universe where this subject is concerned. I do mean all sports. Pool is out of step and should take some lessons. It has to do with maintaining viable competition and interesting viewing. I don't know about your "everyone gets a prize logic".

Professional tennis tournaments usually provide payouts to even the earliest outs, yet somehow remains on broadcast media.

cptsprmkt

Registered
QUOTE=cptsprmkt; no question about it. 8 ball on a barbox is far more difficult than 9 ball on a barbox. 15 rotation is another story.

For what it's worth I have extensive stats (millions) on players at every level. I can tell you that in every case, as a percentage of racks broke, a player has more break & runs in Eight-Ball than in Nine-Ball. At any rate, this really is a fruitless discussion.

Counterintuitive and fascinating. Not asking for any special effort but do you have a breakdown of the numbers?

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
My stats are organized in such a way to be applicable at my room and would have no meaning on this forum.

Yet they were the evidence cited in the case of 9 ball runout vs the state of 8 ball run outs.

Objection

My apologies...9 Ball BNR vs 8 ball BNR.

No further questions.

Mr jazzy to receive 1 Tim Scruggs custom cue with 9 shadows. Or (2) sets of cyclop Hyperion balls.

Paul Schofield

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yet they were the evidence cited in the case of 9 ball runout vs the state of 8 ball run outs.

Objection

My apologies...9 Ball BNR vs 8 ball BNR.

No further questions.

I will lift a finger to hit the keyboard to make a short post on this forum but that is all.