Newer caulk questions

ColoDC

Registered
Does anyone monitor the chemicals other countries put in the caulk we use? What
could be in there--lead for texture--arsenic for color--MEK for a vehicle for smoothness
of applying. Is any M.S.D. reports on them.
What am I putting on my hands when I pick up the cue ball?
Food for thought when spending your money.

SpiderWeb

iisgone@yahoo.com
Silver Member
could be in there--lead for texture--arsenic for color--MEK for a vehicle for smoothness

I use that on my windows and not on my cue stick. It stops leaks.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had inhaled enough second had smoke in pool halls over the past 50 years that chalk contents are the LEAST of my health concerns regarding pool!

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
If I knew what was in it I think it would diminish the joy I get from licking it.

If you find out please issue a spoiler alert before posting.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

What you caulking 'bout Willis?

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
There are some studies from a few decades ago that found a bit o'lead in about 15% of brands tested.

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
I have a s**t-ton of platinum ( heavy metal ) inside me. Godd*mn cancer... and I was minding my own business, too.

sbpoolleague

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Red Master chalk has a slightly smoky flavor, I rate it 8.3 out of 10.
Predator chalk sticks to my dental work so I avoid licking those cubes.
Kamui chalk pairs well with a crisp Chardonnay.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member

I could ask the same about hot dogs but I'd rather just continue enjoying them in moderation.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really? You have nothing to worry about. Been playing 40 freakin' years. No chalk related issues. If you're really worried go pay the $500-2000 it will cost to have a reputable lab test it for you.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

i dunno if i get this. other countries putting hazardous content in chalk you use. for starters, do you have any reports on american produced chalk? secondly, none of those chemicals are necessary for the properties you list.

there was a thread about bacteria and cold virus transmission in pool halls. maybe that should be your concern if you are of the worrying kind. pool halls are grimy places

9 Ball Fan

Darth Maximus
Silver Member
Why has the American made Master chalk by Tweeten been such a popular brand of cue chalk for many decades now? What's their secret to being both good and cheap, at the same time?

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why has the American made Master chalk by Tweeten been such a popular brand of cue chalk for many decades now? What's their secret to being both good and cheap, at the same time?

Ill take a stab at this one.....

They manufacture a formula that is good, and they dont mind selling it for cheap.

Youre welcome. :thumbup:

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can hear it now all over the Radio and TV

"If you or any of your loved ones has used or been exposed to blue MASTER CHALK from 1960-2015 and have died or got cancer " CALL 1-800-SCUMBAG NOW for potential Ca$h settlement

Have a good safe weekend,

-Kat,

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
If you are really concerned, find a good caulk blocker.

Any trouble, PM me. I know a few.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
An MSD sheet is just what the manufacturer says is in it. It's not a 3rd party analysis.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
This is actually a very valid question. We know they are using Nanos in some brands already and they give lead the 8 ball and second hand smoke the 7... They are not controlled the same in other countries... In the USA you MUST communicate the hazard and there are guidelines for just the handling..

https://www.osha.gov/dsg/nanotechnology/nanotech_standards.html

Of the chalks I am 100% sure of you have Zen Nano, Joy Dustfree or Dustless and now Sniper... This is straight out of the new Sniper ads. "Contains a much finer particle size than standard chalk · Reduced cue tip wear - thanks to Nano-dispersity of chalk ·"

Comes down to if you cannot see the residue it's not wizardry it's science.. Nanos have been out a few years but are still so new no one considers them in simple products like billiards chalk. We are far from the colored sand of tweeten and silver cup now... Brave new world..... All new dangers....