ob ld shaft

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
your thoughts on a ob classic plus shaft for my joss west cue.
I've had them on two different steel-joint cues. They play great. The stock tip kinda sucks but that easily changed. I used Ultraskin black mediums on mine. Played fine.

Kingpin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are better shafts out there. Its a company that has went down the tubes and their quality has gone with it. Tiger, Jacoby, Mezz, cuetec are all companies that I would look at first. My 2cents.

Kilroy

Registered
I just ordered an OB Classic plus (blem) for my cue. I'll be sure to give you my thoughts when i hit with it this weekend.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i went thru some of their horror times
it took 6 months to get a replacement for a shaft sent me with a chip
i think they are cleaning up their act
i hope so
i like their cues

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the hit feel of pretty much every OB shaft I tried, but like some others I have had issues with the newer shafts not being made well. Had one sent back for splices not being smooth and one sent back for a cracked ferrule, and now one sounds like it has a loose ferrule. On the other hand, for me the warranty exchanges went smoothly, and I have had 3 good shafts without issues.

MmmSharp

Nudge is as good as a wink to a blind bat.
Silver Member
I have an older 2012 OB, that hits great. I found the wood ferrule to hit to soft, and changed it out to juma if I remember correctly, and g2 medium tip. not my main player but since I changed the ferrule and tip people make me offer's on it all the time after the play with it.

Hopefully they turn around, and are able to start producing better quality again. for their newer stuff I think it is hit or miss. haven't tried the carbon shafts yet.