Who is Yang, Fargo 832?

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I came across this person while searching for the Yang that beat Orcullo in a race to 60 a decade ago.

Yang, Fan, Fargo 832 and robustness 298. Who is he?

Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 9.39.18 AM.png

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Played some CBSA events in China 2013-2017. We have nothing for last two years.

Mike, must be some mix up in the names
This Yang Fan is a brilliant C8B top 3 or 5 together with Potts and couple others. He definitely does not play rotation to Orcollo’s speed. Orcollo would crush Yang Fan in race to 60
If we are talking race to 60 from some years ago must be Yang Ching Shun NOT Yang Fan. Some years ago when Yang CS was shall we say a better player than now he played long races with Orcollo in Philippines called Money Game King Challenge or something like that . First challenge was race to 60 ( I think ) in 9 Ball and Yang won. Some time later they played another challenge this time in 10b and Yang also won. 2 races one to 60 and other to 50 but not sure which is 9b and which is 10b
Yang still plays but is a shadow of his former self. Earl once called him best player in the world ( or on the planet). Not sure whether Earl really means it , haha
:grin-square:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This Yang Fan is a brilliant C8B top 3 or 5 together with Potts and couple others. He definitely does not play rotation to Orcollo’s speed. Orcollo would crush Yang Fan in race to 60
If we are talking race to 60 from some years ago must be Yang Ching Shun NOT Yang Fan. Some years ago when Yang CS was shall we say a better player than now he played long races with Orcollo in Philippines called Money Game King Challenge or something like that . First challenge was race to 60 ( I think ) in 9 Ball and Yang won. Some time later they played another challenge this time in 10b and Yang also won. 2 races one to 60 and other to 50 but not sure which is 9b and which is 10b
Yang still plays but is a shadow of his former self. Earl once called him best player in the world ( or on the planet). Not sure whether Earl really means it , haha
This guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1spK8X0Iico More current match. Guy can still DAB it pretty good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVOggwxiykM

Last edited:

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I came across this person while searching for the Yang that beat Orcullo in a race to 60 a decade ago.

Yang, Fan, Fargo 832 and robustness 298. Who is he?

View attachment 519172

Ex- money game king !
2 times World 9 ball champ Chao fong pang’s protege, who mentored him before yang quit school at 16 to compete professionally.
Destroyed orcollo in the race to 60 9ball by 18 racks.
Dennis asked for rematch in 10 ball and got barbecue too
!
Extremely well respected in Taiwan, feared more so !
Nickname in Tw is BASTARD , signifying his cold-bloodeness.

Once challenged Wu to play for a hundo k the day after wu won his world 9ball title at the age of 16 ,
Wu declined smartly.
Retired way too early in his prime , citing lack of money as the main reason.
Turned to professional fishing which has way higher prize money , won a title or two .
Returned to pool 2 years ago, but sadly a shadow of his prime game.

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

To add on , Alex once said in a interview theres no way hes betting against Yang in rotation games.

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

We have Ching-Shun Yang as a separate player, even competing in the same events as Yang Fan.

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So this guy is forever on top of the world? If he's established why not on the top list

He is not on the list for two reasons

(1) We require 300+ games in the system; he is just shy
(2) We have a "recency" requirement of 150 or more games played in the last two years. He has none (In our system)

Here is another guy in the almost-on-the-list category

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 12.06.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 12.06.28 PM.png
    48.7 KB · Views: 577

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm a little surprised that Chinese 8 Ball games are included in the ratings. I wonder what would happen if snooker matches were also part of the system?

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm a little surprised that Chinese 8 Ball games are included in the ratings. I wonder what would happen if snooker matches were also part of the system?

I don't think we do have Chinese 8-Ball games in there. I consider it an open question (along with English 8-Ball/Blackball) whether we should.

If we begin adding snooker, I'm pretty sure it would be separate and distinct--not mixed with pool games.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We have Ching-Shun Yang as a separate player, even competing in the same events as Yang Fan.

Yes Yang Ching Shun and Yang Fan are separate real players. Yang is much younger probably almost 10 years younger
Here is old azb thread on the race to 60 (9 ball) Yang Ching Shun v Dennis Orcollo match. https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=59667&page=23
Yang won 60-42
Does your system show 60-42 ? If it does then it is same match except player is Yang Ching Shun not Yang Fan. This was 12 years ago and I think Yang Fan probably only started playing C8B then
:smile:

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes Yang Ching Shun and Yang Fan are separate real players. Yang is much younger probably almost 10 years younger
Here is old azb thread on the race to 60 (9 ball) Yang Ching Shun v Dennis Orcollo match. https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=59667&page=23
Yang won 60-42
Does your system show 60-42 ? If it does then it is same match except player is Yang Ching Shun not Yang Fan. This was 12 years ago and I think Yang Fan probably only started playing C8B then
:smile:

We don't have that race-to-60 match in the system.

Oze147

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If we begin adding snooker, I'm pretty sure it would be separate and distinct--not mixed with pool games.

This would be interesting, since snooker has an established world ranking. I wonder if a snooker fargo would differ much from this ranking list.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This would be interesting, since snooker has an established world ranking. I wonder if a snooker fargo would differ much from this ranking list.
World rankings and money lists tend to reward high finishes rather than consistent play, since there are increasing rewards the farther you go in a tournament.

A rating system where every match in a given event has equal importance (as is the case in most Bradley-Terry-inspired models) will result in streaky players who tend to either win or go home early being punished relative to points-based rankings and money lists, and consistent players being rewarded.

highkarate

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He is not on the list for two reasons

(1) We require 300+ games in the system; he is just shy
(2) We have a "recency" requirement of 150 or more games played in the last two years. He has none (In our system)

Here is another guy in the almost-on-the-list category

Does this guy have a lot of recent games? I remember seeing videos of/hearing about this guy like 5-6 years ago. Was considered one of the better filipinos who didn't travel outside the PI like a jerico banares type