760 cloth on a bar box

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i am opening a beer-wine place with 2, then later 4 tables. i have never played on 760, i have 860 on my 4 by 8 brunswick home table. i was think about the 760 to make the tables very fast.

any suggestions. can anyone give me first hand experiences ?

desmocourtney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last week I played on 760 on a 9' Gabriel. It was fast without being too fast. I liked it.

A couple of years ago a club that I play at put a super fast Mali cloth on one table. No one liked it, too fast.

What I really like are the Ridgeback rails if you are talking bar boxes.

Good luck with your project.

Last edited:

a1712

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
We have 860HR on our Diamond bar boxes and that's plenty fast. Brian.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One room I play in has had 760 for years. A player's room. Its in a humid environment, and the 760 in that room is about the same as 860 in non-humid rooms. The players like it a lot.

Is your goal to make the games go faster using faster cloth (more likely to shit in a ball) so the bangers put more coins in? Just curious, because I've never seen anyone ask to put 760 on a bar table.

poolhallbanger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks everybody for their input here. I would like to add that yes faster is better on a
coin operated Valley bar box! The games go faster with a lively table and the cloth will
last longer without a huge reduction in the speed of the table. That said by all means go
with the 760 and make money:grin:

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
rich - banger

After a bit of math I think you are right. I have done the math and the difference in games on slower cloth and faster cloth will net me a cool 12 bucks in 65 years

Dunnn51

Clear the table!
Silver Member
After a bit of math I think you are right. I have done the math and the difference in games on slower cloth and faster cloth will net me a cool 12 bucks in 65 years

:D

When I had my table built, I specified Simonas 760 cloth. Mechanic did a double take and asked me if I was SURE I wanted that cloth. I simply smiled and explained to him.

People who love the game of pool love fast cloth because of certain options it allows. I honestly think what cloth depends on what kind of players you have/want to attract to your tables. Recreational players are not going to like the 760 as much as regular amateur players as the (lack of) napp on the 760 will cause more rolling and scratching than a thicker/slower cloth.

Best of luck in your venture! :thumbup:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i am opening a beer-wine place with 2, then later 4 tables. i have never played on 760, i have 860 on my 4 by 8 brunswick home table. i was think about the 760 to make the tables very fast.

Early last year, Greg Sullivan of Diamond Billiard Products was discussing with Simonis the possibility of developing a new cloth for 7-foot tables that would be a bit slower than Simonis 860, as he (and others) felt that 860 is too fast on 7-footers. I don't know where that discussion went, but if Greg and others feel that 860 is too fast for 7-footers, then they would feel that 760 is way too fast.

Here's the thread where Greg solicited opinions on developing that new cloth: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=354656

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Love 760 on full size but think 760 on BB is way too fast. Most people I've played with think the same.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
760 waaaaaaaaaaaay too fast for me on a box. 860 too fast IMO. Simonis=peer pressure. Johnnyt

irock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
desi2960 After a bit of math I think you are right. I have done the math and the difference in games on slower cloth and faster cloth will net me a cool 12 bucks in 65 years

Very Funny

BmoreMoney

Love 760 on full size but think 760 on BB is way too fast. Most people I've played with think the same.

Johnnyt

760 waaaaaaaaaaaay too fast for me on a box. 860 too fast IMO. Simonis=peer pressure. Johnnyt

Very True

jmhanson_21

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What kind of table?

I think this is an interesting idea, and it would certainly help spread the balls on the break. However, 760 on a bar box is going to make holding for position on a lot of shots very difficult. I would also consider your equipment. Keep in mind this: if your table seems lightning fast, many shots will be rolled in, and if your table isn't 100% level, it will be a joke. I think you'd need to buy Diamond tables.

Dognit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
760 on a BB will be like ICE SKATING. 4 rail position so you can scrub speed off...you get the idea.

I think 860 is too fast on a BB.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
If you had to equate that into known skill ratings (APA, 9-ball, 14.1), what would that be?

I'm interested in hearing more about your business model. Around me, in order for the poolhalls to survive they need to customers of all skill levels, not just the better players.

Better players in my area