EMILY DUDDY Professional

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
I was just going by his smack talk. I don't really know if he beats her regularly.

You get that sometimes from lesser players when you give them a spot and don't play well. Believe it or not, that's how I got my nickname Shortbus Russ. I tried to spot Smorgass Bored a few balls in One Pocket, and simply llayed horribbly, as I was out of stroke for pretty much that entire year. And he talked shit about it for years. Should have been able to spot him that easy... But, that's the way it goes, sometimes. They pretend to forget that they won a handicapped game, and they talk sh*t like they beat you straight up.

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can someone please explain what was going on with the topless picture of Jen?? I get the picture of Emily on the pool table is from a photo shoot. But the one of Jen looks likes somone took it with a crappy cell phone. Is it a photoshop, am I missing something? (Completely serious question)

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't beleive this episode was on the "up and up".

They were on that show The Hustlers too.

The guy Finn played the character of a S harking Piece Of Crap. He was playing for him as shown (do yo the history of them all knowing each other) with his frinking buddies. I see that at the Elks club with all men playing. Calling total B.S.

If you want to be treated like a pool player, act like one. Jennifer Beretta pointed out the Emily "Profesional Pool Player" Duffy will stand there, shack her bum. Emily states that she "uses what she's got". No respect for that stuff. And she sharks like the guy Finn just not as much imo. Also as another point to the ladies, if you are playing pool, leaning over is part of the game. Because of physics as you lean, your skirt might come up. If you wear a short skirt, you might be giving a sneak peek. Just saying.

Oh Well, that make up fx work was pretty awesome.

Final thoughts about woman being respected as Pool Players. I don't believe that Pool Players will look down on you because your a woman (watch the opening scene's monologue from Pool Hall Junkies), if Alison Fisher or Karren Core walked into a pool room as some, dressed normal (nothing saying, "LOOK AT ME"), and nobody knew who they were and played, they would be fully respected by all but the Non-Pool Players. Because they win and lose like Professional Pool Players...

TheRanger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If Emily wants to self identify as a pro pool player, let her. How can it harm anyone?

She could probably get a civil rights attorney to claim it's one of those new gender things, therefore you must refer to her by her chosen pronoun.

But I don't think she's that type of person.

Oh yeah, anyone know Finnegan's Fargo rating? Must be higher than hers if he beats her regularly.
It harms the reputation of ACTUAL professional players, whether that is people who play to a standard identifiable as professional or people who make a real living/decent supplemental income from playing pool.

Its bullshit of the highest order to have these people on TV and to let them mis-represent/let major TV audiences believe they are professional players. That's the disappointing part about this.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wanted to add. Emily complained about the difference in what women make vs men (same old argument). The claim is $15k vs $75k. She also points out she is "ranked" in the "Too 10". Yet she is a mere B player.

So I ask, how many male B Players make $15 per year playing pool? I'll wait...

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
It's just television where The Dukes of Hazard was a no. 1 rated show. Let's keep it in perspective.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
Wanted to add. Emily complained about the difference in what women make vs men (same old argument). The claim is $15k vs $75k. She also points out she is "ranked" in the "Too 10". Yet she is a mere B player.

So I ask, how many male B Players make $15 per year playing pool? I'll wait...

I took issue with that too. The women's tour is open to women only, there's less tournaments because they can't fill a field of 128 let alone 256. She could always enter the open tournaments (she said men's tour, but they're open), but she probably wouldn't cash in them.

They whole thing with Finn was contrived. I'm not saying that doesn't happen, but I can say that I've never seen it. A lot of the top women either live around me or used to live here and I've never seen anything remotely disrespectful around them

The whole narrative being pushed there was dishonest.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Dukes of Hazard wasn't real?
Actually, Daisy was a 723 Fargo
61332a850dba67bf0e5eefbda1f2b78b.jpg

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
It harms the reputation of ACTUAL professional players, whether that is people who play to a standard identifiable as professional or people who make a real living/decent supplemental income from playing pool.

Its bullshit of the highest order to have these people on TV and to let them mis-represent/let major TV audiences believe they are professional players. That's the disappointing part about this.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Of course, it damages the integrity of the game and undermines the ability of the real pros who have the skills, worked hard to maintain them, and deserve the admiration and respect of those who understand and follow the game. At the least, it's intentional misrepresentation.

"Stolen valor" comes to mind. If I "identify" as a war hero and never served, can I claim to be one and not be called a "fraud"? Of course, this is low grade, commercial television and some creative license is to be expected, but here we have someone who claims to have a rightful social agenda and bases it upon an intentional falsehood....oh well, welcome to the new world order...anything goes.

Reactions: SBC

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Of course, it damages the integrity of the game and undermines the ability of the real pros who have the skills, worked hard to maintain them, and deserve the admiration and respect of those who understand and follow the game. At the least, it's intentional misrepresentation.

"Stolen valor" comes to mind. If I "identify" as a war hero and never served, can I claim to be one and not be called a "fraud"? Of course, this is low grade, commercial television and some creative license is to be expected, but here we have someone who claims to have a rightful social agenda and bases it upon an intentional falsehood....oh well, welcome to the new world order...anything goes.

I tell the ladies down at the American Legion hall I have a purple heart. Its made of glass and I got it at a craft fair.

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
Originally Posted by jimmyg View Post

I tell the ladies down at the American Legion hall I have a purple heart. Its made of glass and I got it at a craft fair.

Clever...Has it worked?

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I don't know what is a bigger joke, people who buy into the Fargo Rate bullshit (sorry no rating system can accurately reflect players true speed when all factors can't possibly be measured & that is fact) or people like Emily who think they play pro speed.

Interesting case study here.

I had thought maybe you set up your signature many years ago when Fargorate was still untested and new to the world. And you forgot about it and had just been wandering around like a guy who didn’t know he had a booger hanging from his nose.

A tear drops my eye that such is not the case! You’ve been proudly displaying your booger all this time. Head tilted back, standing tall, fists on hips...and we all know there is nothing we can do. It’s like seeing an inevitable train wreck. Were all like “noooooo” and your all like “Fargo sucks because I played a guy who was a 550 with 3 games in the system and when I gave him 4 games on he wire he crushed me into oblivion on a bar box with ripped cloth” and were just like “....”

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
Actually, Daisy was a 723 Fargo
61332a850dba67bf0e5eefbda1f2b78b.jpg

Oh, what the actual f*ck.. If my eyes aren't fooling me, those are the two actors who stood in for a short time and were supposedly Bo and Luke Duke's cousins... You gonna tell me they had pool in Dukes of Hazzard, and the stars of the show were not even present?!?!?!? That's 50 shades of lame, right there....

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Oh, what the actual f*ck.. If my eyes aren't fooling me, those are the two actors who stood in for a short time and were supposedly Bo and Luke Duke's cousins... You gonna tell me they had pool in Dukes of Hazzard, and the stars of the show were not even present?!?!?!? That's 50 shades of lame, right there....

Daisy was the Star.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member

Seems, based on the picture, that the Charlie Bryant look was in vogue back then.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
....snip....
To be more analytical about it, at virtually every Fargorate range, there is a very specific skill that separates them from the next level. What, in general, separates SVB from a 750 player? I will tell you, it's 100% the break. So, "all these factors" are already built in to Fargo rate. What separates a 500 from a 550? Shotmaking and position. Maybe a touch of safety. A 600 from a 650? Shotmaking and safeties. Position is pretty much a non-factor between those two players.

I disagree pretty strongly with this paragraph. I don't think its a single thing that separate players 50 points apart as in your example. First, 50 points is a LARGE difference in skill. That's like the 6 ball difference for most local players playing 9 ball. I think players that are 50 points apart, will have large differences in EVERY single part of their game. The break, shotmaking, safety, position play, thinking, pressure handling, etc. The whole game moves together, for the most part.

As an example, here are a few players rated 750 plus/minus:
Jesse Engel USA752
Max Eberle USA751
Jeremy Jones USA751
Jeremy Sossei USA751
Danny Olson USA750
Danny Smith USA750

Your statement was the only thing separating them from Shane was the break. I would argue that Shane is significantly better than each of these players in all facets of the game, not only the break.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... First, 50 points is a LARGE difference in skill. ...

A 50 point FargoRate difference means the higher-rated player has a 58.6% probability of winning any single game. That translates into winning somewhat over 40% more games in the long run.

TheRanger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A 50 point FargoRate difference means the higher-rated player has a 58.6% probability of winning any single game. That translates into winning somewhat over 40% more games in the long run.

I think it means winning 17.2% more games in the long run:

Player 1 = 58.6%
Player 2 = 41.4%

Best of 100 game set = 59 games to 41 games