Full Splice Build Ideas

meridianblades

BIG SHILL
Silver Member
Design question for those that build full splice cues.

What would you put with this stuff? This teal green burl is almost 24 long and would be the main part of the butt, and then something light? Veneer Colors ?

Birdseye maple, Holly, Something orange to match the orange splotches in the burl? NOT FOR SALE - Looking for ideas on a couple builds.....

K5g7elw.jpg

triley41395

You'll shoot your eye out
Silver Member

What would you put with this stuff? This teal green burl is almost 24 long and would be the main part of the butt, and then something light? Veneer Colors ?

Birdseye maple, Holly, Something orange to match the orange splotches in the burl? NOT FOR SALE - Looking for ideas on a couple builds..... ]

Pernambuco....I know in colored gemstones that orange
would compliment teal nicely. As a general rule of thumb color's opposite each other on a color wheel
go together nicely.

meridianblades

BIG SHILL
Silver Member
Thanks for posting ... I appreciate ur comments. I know it’s like asking what’s ur favorite ice cream, but at a loss for ideas beyond the ebony / holly combo

JC

Coos Cues

Birdseye maple, Holly, Something orange to match the orange splotches in the burl? NOT FOR SALE - Looking for ideas on a couple builds.....

K5g7elw.jpg

Bowling shoes?

Joking of course.:)

bowling-hours-de379f2b.webp

Last edited:

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
How about keeping both forarm & butt teal green and use Quilted Sepele and Ebony veneers to separate them. Add a 1.25 or so ring of ebony at the back end and Sepele and Ebony slotted ringwork on both sides of that 1.25 ring. Thin Ebony or black phenolic cap and same for the joint with same ringwork. :)