Cues - it seems like more simple design is were it is at ?

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello ,

I am Cue Fan , I like Cues and like looking at them. Some are real works of art and some are so simple and yet are still amazing . I have always loved the classic design such as Balabushka , with the sharp points and old school looks. But it seems a lot more these days simple designs with gorgeous wood is the way to go. I see a lot of people oh here order Cues that are plain as far as no points or inlays but have a beautiful figured wood and a wrap. That seems to be what is in check these days and I have seen some that were super sharp looking, I seen a gorgeous Curly maple cue that just has a Black wrap with white spec that has some of the pretest Curly maple I have ever seen, stunning. Simple , yet so sharp. What do you guy's like in your cue to have , I know we want that hit to be there but is there a design you look for . I see the Merry Widow Cue design a lot , and the Jackpot cues were pretty simple as well .

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got the Ebony OB with lizard wrap. LOVE it. Simple.... elegant.... plays and feels superb to me.

I considered the Schmelke. But I wanted leather wrap. Love the lizard skin!

Last edited:

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jet black Ebony, creamy white Ivory have been legislated out of existence.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
If you're one of those guys who buys a cues to actually play with then the plain jane
merry widow cues are pretty popular.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
If you're one of those guys who buys a cues to actually play with then the plain jane
merry widow cues are pretty popular.

Great observation, , plus plan does not have to be ugley, it could be beautiful like several builder do who are members here.

RDeca

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got a mezz axi in rosewood with,a linen wrap. And let me tell you the linen wrap on this thing gives me wood. It reminds me of stroking the wifes booty when shes got on her favorite silk panties. (Seriously this thing has the best feeling linen wrap I ever felt. The whole cue is simple no inlay. But done flawless. The finish..the ringwork. The wrap the joint and shaft match perfect. Good stiff cue

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Schmelke is a good value for dollar.:thumbup:

Yes they are. I almost got one till I decided on the OB. But by the time I added the options I wanted... Such as Schmelke's low deflection shaft, and the leather wrap, it cost just as much as the OB. What the schmelke custom is still on my wishlist for a next cue.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And you can purchase one for $150 and sell them to the trusting crowd for $600......to soon? Brian.

Isn't that what Predator does? They are made in China for Christ's sake. That $600 Predator you buy probably didn't cost them more than a hundred fifty bucks. Yet I don't hear anybody *****ing about that.

Maybe Predator should start having their cues made by Schmelke. At least they'd be made in the USA. And they would probably be just as good or better quality. Would anyone have a problem with that?

Reactions: JC

JC

Coos Cues
Isn't that what Predator does? They are made in China for Christ's sake. That $600 Predator you buy probably didn't cost them more than a hundred fifty bucks. Yet I don't hear anybody *****ing about that.

Maybe Predator should start having their cues made by Schmelke. At least they'd be made in the USA. And they would probably be just as good or better quality. Would anyone have a problem with that?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The common sense is still alive post of the year!

With the exception of the hundred and fifty bucks. No way in hell they have anywhere near that much into them.

atlas333

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Josey Cues

I really am hoping to get a Josey with the wizards wand design. The all black and white will look great with a CF shaft.