Help identifying this cue please!!!

AkersCues

Dblkdad
Silver Member
My friend bought this cue back in the late 70's and he doesnt know who made it. it has a brass 5/16-18 or 14 pin. he paid $500 for it then. Any help would be appreciated..... :thumbup:

The flared buttcapp has me puzzled:
Palmer?
Viking?
Gandy?
Huebler?

Attachments

• Kerry cue 1.jpg
    Kerry cue 1.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 442
  • Kerry cue 3.jpg
    Kerry cue 3.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 434
Last edited:

cuennoisseur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Frank Stellman?

Maybe it could be a Sailor cue as he used to make cues with the flared buttcap as far as I know (but there might be more knowledge on this board pointing to the right direction).
Nice find!!

Dirk

AkersCues

Dblkdad
Silver Member
Thanks; the cue is straight as an arrow and not a scratch on it.... heck the shaft doesnt even have any blueing!!! he said its been in the case for the last 30 years..... :eek:

ScottR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sailor was my first thought too. Did he buy it in Wisconsin, or near there?

Scott

AkersCues

Dblkdad
Silver Member
Ok so its a sailor

Ok so its a sailor Thanks guys..... Whats it worth and no he doesent want to sell it so please be honest... :cool:

DawgAndy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
750 (ish) under a grand ? just guessing, it's a sweet one

I doubt it was 500 in the 70s though...that would have been HUGE money back then. No one was getting that for cues in the 70s were they? I bet ScottR was buying fancy Joss wests for like 200 bucks back then

Last edited:

AkersCues

Dblkdad
Silver Member

I doubt it was 500 in the 70s though...that would have been HUGE money back then. No one was getting that for cues in the 70s were they?

It was bought in southeast Iowa and as for what he paid for it I dont know what cues were going for in the 70's I was about 5 or 6 then so i really couldnt tell you... I am just going by what I was told...... :cool:

Last edited:

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I doubt it was 500 in the 70s though...that would have been HUGE money back then. No one was getting that for cues in the 70s were they?

You could get a basic Gus Szamboti for $360 in the late 70s' !!!!!!!!

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
My friend bought this cue back in the late 70's and he doesnt know who made it. it has a brass 5/16-18 or 14 pin. he paid $500 for it then. Any help would be appreciated..... :thumbup:

The flared buttcapp has me puzzled:
Palmer?
Viking?
Gandy?
Huebler?

The cue is without a doubt a Sailor Cue, the cue is worth much than $500 now.

Thanks for sharing.

ScottR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I doubt it was 500 in the 70s though...that would have been HUGE money back then. No one was getting that for cues in the 70s were they? I bet ScottR was buying fancy Joss wests for like 200 bucks back then

:):grin-square::smile:;):cool:

Scott