How long is acceptable?

Wright Shot

Sugartree Madness
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I purchased a cue from an AZ'ER with a 4 iTrader Saturday Morning. I have no contact info and therefore cannot contact the seller except by pm. He has yet to send me a message saying that he has mailed cue or when he will mail cue. He has my money and I want my cue. At least some tracking info. It won't be long and i will be filing a dispute with paypal. Am I over reacting?

Chris

80P

Banned
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I dont think you are over reacting. I would be worried too.

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

jmizzo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Maybe

I would wait a couple of days, the usps is a funny thing. Chances are cue didn't go out until Monday, and without knowing which service was selected, it could take up to a week. Had the user logged on after you sent the pm?

Wright Shot

Sugartree Madness
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
He sent one follow up message saying how good cue would shoot. I responded back each day but he has not responded. He hasn't logged on since Monday. I paid with paypal.

Chris

aquaurchin99

Let's Make A Deal
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Don't worry about it. That guy is legit. He works crazy shifts or something. He's really bad at communicating though I must say. I made a deal with him before and it was fine. Just took a little longer to get the cue. No big deal really. But he could definitely communicate better.

Lonestar_jim

Two & Out
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Way too soon to get worried or make a thread IMO. Some folks need to buy from storefronts only. Not to say there aren't some wankers here. Nice to see someone vouch for seller and comfort the nervous.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
You're being told not to worry but the fact is it's very normal and perfectly understandable.
I'd feel the same way....the seller owed you a reply within 24 hrs of payment letting you know what was going to happen with shipping.....give him 48hrs....okay 72 hrs.......we're talking 4 days now.....that's bullshit even if this guy had an itrader rating of 50.......but he only has 4???? And he goes underground after getting your payment but is completely available until he gets it?????

And people are telling you not to be concerned.........uhh......Seems to me you have every reason to ***** and if you don't hear from him soon........you decide how long but I'd say another 24-48 hrs.......well, you have Paypal's number. If we were talking big money, I'd already have been in touch with Paypal and they'd send the seller a message about non-receipt by buyer. The seller can't get access to the funds until you confirm with Paypal the cue's been received and there aren't any issues.

But if he is dishonest, well, then don't give the criminal too big a head start either so you decide what's the prudent thing to do. For all I know, this seller might have had some tragic event and he's dealing with it and that's keeping him from taking care of the cue shipping or even contacting you. But at some point, enough is enough and the seller has to go on with life and meeting one's obligations is an important, necessary part of that.

Shit...I dunno what is the right thing to do since it's your money. I'm just a hard ass when it comes to dealing with problems and they either go away or get bigger. I don't want to see yours get any bigger so you need to draw a line in the sand and at that point come in spikes up. If there's any blood-spilling, well, let it be the seller's rather than yours so just be prepared.....this might be a false alarm but you really never know.

Matt B.

Last edited:

i8ap4t

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Communication is a major part of any sale. Even though he has let you down here, doesn't mean he isn't legit.

You have 45? days to take it up with paypal if the goods don't arrive, or aren't what you ordered. Just give it time, and relax.

Last edited:

batalarms

Ebony Hoppe Fanatic
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I purchased a cue from an AZ'ER with a 4 iTrader Saturday Morning. I have no contact info and therefore cannot contact the seller except by pm. He has yet to send me a message saying that he has mailed cue or when he will mail cue. He has my money and I want my cue. At least some tracking info. It won't be long and i will be filing a dispute with paypal. Am I over reacting?

Chris

You stated that you have no contact info.If he has Paypal he has an email.Go back on Paypal and look at the details of the transaction and you will have his email addy.I hope this helps,try to be patient.Good luck.
Marc

lakeman77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I think you will be OK, some people just are not good at business and communication. not good but it happens.

Grantstew

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Some folks need to buy from storefronts only.

And people who cannot manage to communicate in a timely manner should only sell from storefronts. Nothing worse than shitty communication in an online deal, apart from being scammed of course. You cannot tell me that in this day and age someone is too busy to log in and send a message, it takes 2 damn minutes, especially when they are in the middle of a deal.

Last edited:

JoshStodola

My stroke is garbage
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Benefit of the doubt

I don't know who you are buying from but I will give
you my experience from when I bought my first
sizeable cue on this site (a Scruggs).

I sent the money and he said he would ship it in the
next couple of days. This was on a Thursday or maybe
even a Wednesday. Can't remember. Anyways I did
not hear from him until Monday. He said he was at a
pool tournament. Understandable, whatever. He then
said he would ship today. I tried again to get a hold
of him the next day through PM. He finally replied
the following evening with a tracking number. This was
not a legit tracking number, it did not work anywhere.
No site recognized it. I remained calm and spoke with
him the next day. He texted me a picture of the USPS
shipping receipt. There were a couple of letters before
the tracking number that he omitted in the PM, which
is why it didn't work. I entered the number and USPS
recognized it, but gave me no tracking information.
The cue arrived safe and sound a couple days later.

I had several opportunities to be paranoid, but in the
end it all worked out. I am so glad I did not make a
thread like this. To be honest I never even considered
it. I hope you have the same luck I did.

Last edited:

aquaurchin99

Let's Make A Deal
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
You stated that you have no contact info.If he has Paypal he has an email.Go back on Paypal and look at the details of the transaction and you will have his email addy.I hope this helps,try to be patient.Good luck.
Marc

EXACTLY

That's what I did to get a hold of him and it worked. And he assured me everything was fine. Some people just don't realize the importance of communication.

Lonestar_jim

Two & Out
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Yes you guys are correct that good communication is helpful to both parties. And as grantstew said it works both ways. Some sellers lack in speedy transactions and communication.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Interesting fact .... Sellers respond immediately to get paid. No excuse for lack of communication.

Wright Shot

Sugartree Madness
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Every cue I've sold here on AZ was shipped out immediately. I think that its only fair. Once I have recieved payment I feel like its my responsibility to get the cue out as soon as possible. If the deal were done in person, it would be unacceptable to not bring product being sold. The seller of the cue I purchased Saturday said that he really needed the money by Monday. Well I obliged but I expect the same in return. I immediately sent payment and I expect cue to be mailed out by close of business on Monday OR AT LEAST a message saying when shipment will happen. Neither of these things have happened. I took the advice earlier mentioned in this thread and emailed the guy first thing this morning. Still nothing.

Chris

Billiardbills

Billiard Bill
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Communication is the key.

I update my buyers with a tracking number and a photo of it every time. With a smart phone (5S) just take a pic and you'll always have it to send it. Paper gets lost easily. To me it's just a regiment.

I just font get it when the "I'm not good with computers" or "smart phones" excuse comes out. Then you shouldn't be selling on the internet is what I think. However, there's nothing wrong with a text message or phone call back if you can't do it online.

It's just Making sure you "due diligence" to me. Follow through and font over promise. It's easier to set the proper expectations up front than ask for forgiveness and possibly ruin your reputation/iTrader rating.

Play Well!

Billiard Bill's
Buying-Selling-Trading
Text/call Bill 239.823.0408 (8am-7pm EST please)
billiardbills@gmail.com
Southwest Florida

jmizzo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
How do you know it didn't ship out on Monday? I really hope you are fine, and have had some weird things happen.

I recently sent someone a case. and it took a couple of days longer than expected, even shipped priority. We kept in contact, and everything was cool. I hope you hear back from him soon.

Every cue I've sold here on AZ was shipped out immediately. I think that its only fair. Once I have recieved payment I feel like its my responsibility to get the cue out as soon as possible. If the deal were done in person, it would be unacceptable to not bring product being sold. The seller of the cue I purchased Saturday said that he really needed the money by Monday. Well I obliged but I expect the same in return. I immediately sent payment and I expect cue to be mailed out by close of business on Monday OR AT LEAST a message saying when shipment will happen. Neither of these things have happened. I took the advice earlier mentioned in this thread and emailed the guy first thing this morning. Still nothing.

Chris