Copper Joint Pin

poolfool1957

I know the pieces fit
Silver Member
I need one or maybe a few if available. Can anyone steer me to where I can buy one or more?

scdiveteam

Rick Geschrey
Silver Member
I need one or maybe a few if available. Can anyone steer me to where I can buy one or more?

Hey PF,

Darrin Hill makes his own 3/8 10 brass pins on a lathe. Maybe he could turn you a copper one if you ask him.

I am thinking about making my next batch of custom pins out of Monel which is a stainless/copper mix. It has a copper patina with the strength of stainless and won't turn green like copper.

Plain copper is pretty soft, you might want to consider Monel.

Good luck,

Rick

poolfool1957

I know the pieces fit
Silver Member
Hey PF,

Darrin Hill makes his own 3/8 10 brass pins on a lathe. Maybe he could turn you a copper one if you ask him.

I am thinking about making my next batch of custom pins out of Monel which is a stainless/copper mix. It has a copper patina with the strength of stainless and won't turn green like copper.

Good luck,

Rick

I would be interested in buying at least one from you if and when. Any idea on "when" might be? I wouldn't be in a pinch for at least a few months.

scdiveteam

Rick Geschrey
Silver Member
I would be interested in buying at least one from you if and when. Any idea on "when" might be? I wouldn't be in a pinch for at least a few months.

I still have over 100 pins in stock. Maybe 3 more years before I run pins.

Anyway my pin is 3/8 14.

Darin is your best bet because he can build you one pin.

Give him a PM. Hills cues here on AZ.

Rick

poolfool1957

I know the pieces fit
Silver Member
I still have over 100 pins in stock. Maybe 3 more years before I run pins.

Anyway my pin is 3/8 14.

Darin is your best bet because he can build you one pin.

Give him a PM. Hills cues here on AZ.

Rick

Ok....wasnt sure of your timeframe. Appreciate the help and I'll pm Darrin.

Travis Niklich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey PF,

Good luck,

Rick

There is no stainless in Monel it's nickel and very hard to machine. To be stainless it must contain at least a minimum of 10.5% chromium content by mass.

poolfool1957

I know the pieces fit
Silver Member
How about anodized aluminum or titanium or bronze?
Why copper ?

Having a native themed cue built with Ivory, turquoise and copper.
I bought 10 of those anodized aluminum pins and love em.....great for jump cues, break jump main joint and heavy forearm cues.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Having a native themed cue built with Ivory, turquoise and copper.
I bought 10 of those anodized aluminum pins and love em.....great for jump cues, break jump main joint and heavy forearm cues.

Copper anodized alum, perhaps ?

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chuck, the ano on Ti wears fairly quickly actually. It does not last as long as a coating like TiN for an example.
Neil

poolfool1957

I know the pieces fit
Silver Member
Looks like I may have found a source. If that falls through I'll be back here and contact those you guys recommended.
Thanks much to all!