What enhances your game?

Rackemep

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am a "mood player" for sure...Sometimes a song will pop on the juke box and snap me into the zone. I've had altercations off the table send me into "kill mode" on the table...Some days I'm just in the mood to play pool...On those days I just know my best game is coming out before I even put my cue together. Playing for something (adding pressure) brings out my "A game" at times too...I wish I could nail down exactly what things put me in the right mindset to play my best...all I know is every time my average every day game jumps up a notch it seems like my lights out game jumps two!...

PocketSpeed11

AzB Long Member
Silver Member
I quit drinking over 12 years ago, so I'll never know what it is like to play buzzed. But for me, I usually shoot best after work (probably because of good blood circulation) and on a light stomach. I've shot some killer pool a few hours after drinking a Monster as well, after any jitteriness has gone away.

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
Not playing pool presently, so I don't know how it will impact my game, but Three Floyd's Gumballhead is pretty damn tasty...

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What enhances my game is a strict repeatable PSR. If I concentrate on my PSR there is no room for any doubt to creep into my game because I am busy with my routine and looking at the table. I never drink when I play. I love my booze as much as the next guy but it doesn't do anything for my game and getting in a car after playing and driving with alcohol in your system is no joke today.

My vote is for this. PSR Also like good music to the beat of my natural rhythm. Have a couple songs I love to play along with.

I loose interest once the booze kicks in.

PocketSpeed11

AzB Long Member
Silver Member
My vote is for this. PSR Also like good music to the beat of my natural rhythm. Have a couple songs I love to play along with.

I loose interest once the booze kicks in.

I hate to sound ignorant, but what does PSR stand for? A google search wasn't much help.

CMarshall

D player at best
Silver Member
I know a guy who knows a guy who once told me that his game was enhanced by a white powdery substance. He said his focus was incredible and that he rarely missed. However, it's reported that this substance is very illegal

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Seeing world class hall of fame pool pros break their sticks in matches.

I get so pumped watching that stuff.

It looks so cool, in music people break guitars, drop mics, smash speakers and even destroy lighting after a great performance.

But in pool the cool thing is to break stuff during a bad performance. That counter culture movement is awesome.

Jeff Rosen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know if it was the alcohol or just a big coincidence but I'm playing in a Mega Bucks League match in a race to 11 in 10 ball. My opponent was on the hill with the score 10-6. Since I was given 3 games on the wire I actually only won three games. I'm not really a drinker, just an occasional drink here and there. I order a rum and coke and ending up winning 5 in a row to win 11-10.

Last edited:

mvp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Clean nice clothes and no place to be! The better I'm dressed the better I play, so it seems. And if I'm watching the clock it's all over for me.

Dunnn51

Clear the table!
Silver Member
Luck !

I know if we are playing "slop," or a ball I know I hit bad goes in anyway gets me going. Having the pool Gods in my opps corner, AND having to beat them is no fun at all! :(