Think Of It Like Everyone Just Got a One Week Suspension From The Az Mods

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I have this novel idea that I want to bounce off of the Forum readers.

Recently the Az website was not available to each and every one of us.

It was basically equivalent to being temporarily suspended by the Mods.

I do not know how you have may felt but I did not care for Az's unavailability.

If you also missed the loss of access to Az, how about looking it as a T/O.

Over the years, I pissed off some Azers and pushed the envelope a bit too far.

So I got away with it or was just lucky I suppose but the point is I appreciate Az.

I'm treating this recent website unavailability like it was a Moderator time out.

Ergo, Im going to try and remain on my best behavior and start anew with everyone.

I'm going to watch my p's and q's with my posts and use politeness as a strategy.

So like Rocky proclaimed at the end of his fight in Rocky IV..................

"I guess what I'm trying to say, is that if I can change, and you can change, everybody can change!"

Matt B.

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
In a weird sort of way, I viewed it as a ban for the Moderators.

As having been unfairly banned last year, it actually made me feel better knowing that the Moderator(s) had no control over the situation and were essentially "banned" from the forum themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member

So I got away with it or was just lucky I suppose but the point is I appreciate Az.

I'm treating this recent website unavailability like it was a Moderator time out.

Ergo, Im going to try and remain on my best behavior and start anew with everyone.

I'm going to watch my p's and q's with my posts and use politeness as a strategy.

"I guess what I'm trying to say, is that if I can change, and you can change, everybody can change!"

Matt B.

Interesting way to put it but yes, it was refreshing. Having never been banned from the site, I really, really missed the banter. Hope this never happens again.

Thanks to a friend on Facebook, I found out AZ Forums were running. Just not the front page. Really think Mike could have simply jumped on their page and let members know.

That's my complaint and I'm sticking to it!

Lyn

pfduser

GRABBER GT
Silver Member
I don't post much but I log on everyday to see what's going on. I was lost this past week. I hope it never happens again.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member

Matt B.

I look forward to an improved Matt, and hope you can be succinct as a strategy

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Felt

For me I felt like I was in solitary confinement , no way to get or transmit information.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
It was hard for me the first couple of days and then I just kind of let AZ go. I found out there is life after AZ Billiards. :D

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Having been banned before, I feel like a break is nice sometimes. It makes me appreciate the site more. I have worked hard to not to get into any conversations with people I do not get along with. If we all just try to have some respect for one another's different perspectives, we could all learn and grow more. I am working on being patient and trying to see things "on the other side of the coin ". I love pool and this site offers so much to all of us. From player stuff, gear or billiard mechanics. Great to have it back!

Trent from Toledo

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was hard for me the first couple of days and then I just kind of let AZ go. I found out there is life after AZ Billiards. :D

Agreed. It becomes part of your routine. We are creatures of habit and ritual. The week that it was off line it simply stopped being a part of our routine. Apparently we all survived.

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Reminds

That sort of reminds me of a late friend of mine that was told if he quit smoking it would add 10 yrs to his life he replied " who wants to live another 10 yrs without smoking ?"

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agree

Having been banned before, I feel like a break is nice sometimes. It makes me appreciate the site more. I have worked hard to not to get into any conversations with people I do not get along with. If we all just try to have some respect for one another's different perspectives, we could all learn and grow more. I am working on being patient and trying to see things "on the other side of the coin ". I love pool and this site offers so much to all of us. From player stuff, gear or billiard mechanics. Great to have it back!

Trent from Toledo

I agree Trent , I tried the Facebook thing for the week and hated it. I think it is great to
come on here and read about the Pool world.

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
I’d share the same comment with people who missed this forum the past week, as I share with my kids when they complain about the internet being out:

“Go outside. There’s an entire world out there waiting to be discovered”.

First world problems....