Friggin' Ridulously Hot.....Way Too Soon For " The Dog Days of Summer"

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jeez, this heat wave being experienced on the west coast travelling eastbound is a
absolute killer both figuratively speaking and literally as well. Last week there was
a news report on TV where a lady in Fresno cooks a entire meal on the dashboard
of her car on her driveway.......Yup.

For the past 7 years she has done the same thing and the news station come out and
film this. She takes a frozen roast beef and fresh vegetables and beef broth and places
in a roasting pan in a sealed cooking envelope. She inserts a meat thermometer into
the roast and actually cooks the meat......the roast came out at 168 degrees after 6 hrs
of sitting in the direct sunlight on her car's dashboard.

The 100 degree heat started 6/17 in103's and 105's. Then towards by end of the week
it went to 108 , then 109 over the weekend and this week has been 110, 109, today
106, 109-10 tomorrow and then106-07 the weekend., 103 next Mon and Tuesday will
hopefully be the 1st day under a 100 degrees at 99......Tues. can't get here fast enough.
Ugh......better get ready cuz the heat is heading your way......hope you enjoy it.

Matt B.

Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nope.....just the Industrial Revolution et. al. and pretty much everthing since but certainly not that other thing you mentioned.
The weather on the west coast always heads easternly and amazingly, there's been very few power outages, at least so far.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I know this is going to sound like I have it made but here goes. I go to work at 5:00 am and 25 years ago it was always between 43 and 48 degrees at that time of the morning. The last few years it has been between 50 and 55 degrees. The last two weeks our temps at 5:30 am are pushing 60. Afternoon highs between 85 and 90 and thats at 8300 ft above sea level.
The high altitude sun is brutal and most dont last more than 20 minutes before getting a serious burn. Crazy hot and no rain.:frown:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The last couple of morning it's been mid-upper 80's by 8:30 am and just goes up from there to til 4-5 pm peak temp, least round this neck of the woods.
Just came across this article recently and it involes a horribly sad outcome for a dad and his son celebrating the recent Fathers Day holiday.....this heat kills people.

Father-Son Hikers Found Dead in New Mexico’s Sweltering Carlsbad Caverns National Park

Father-and-son hikers have been found dead in Carlsbad Caverns National Park in New Mexico, where temperatures
have topped 100 degrees during the extraordinary heat wave gripping the western United States, authorities said Wednesday.

The body of Robert Stuart Pluta, 57, of Corpus Christi, Texas, was discovered Monday night, and the body of his son Bobby, 21,
was found Tuesday morning, New Mexico State Police said. The bodies of Robert Stuart Pluta and his son Bobby, were found
dead this week during a choking heat wave. Peter Jones / National Park Service/ The Plutas, both of whom were experienced
hikers, had been on a hiking trip since Wednesday of last week but hadn't been heard from since they checked into their hotel,
NBC station KRIS of Corpus Christi reported. A parkwide search was launched on Monday.

High temperatures in the park have been above 100 degrees for almost a week since last Thursday, and police said Wednesday
that the heat was a likely factor in the mens' deaths. The park confirmed the men's deaths Wednesday.

"It was a father-son bonding trip on Father's Day weekend," the family's pastor, Mark Behrendt of Galilean Lutheran Church in
Corpus Christi, told KRIS. "This was something that they had looked forward to, they'd been trying to plan on and off, and finally, it happened."

The National Weather Service warned on Tuesday that the heat smothering the West this week carried "major potential for heat-related illness
and even death." The temperature at the national park on Wednesday afternoon was 103 degrees, and the park remains under a heat advisory
through at least Thursday night, the weather service said.

Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, for sheer discomfort, hands down.....my daughter in Baton Rouge will testify to that.

babyboy70363

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I live 1.5 hours south of Baton Rouge and the humidity is brutal. At the moment I'm working in West Texas......this speaks for itself!
7c82d4e80643b6f3975ecd14861720a3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
High 71 on the peninsula next week, no 80+ for the next two weeks after tomorrow. Jumped the gun a little bit ;)

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
105+ all week in NorCal Gold Rush Country. We are moving back to the Bay Area asap,
where it averages 85 for the high and much cooler at night, with Ocean breezes. Our
house sits atop a mountain, with a gorgeous view of the San Francisco Bay. My Inlaws
willed it to us a few years ago, along with a buttload of dough. If only my health wasn't
a huge issue, I could be playing Pool in several fine rooms located within 20 miles.

Bava, my sympathy goes out to you and everyone in Central Cali. Stay inside the house.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
And to think...some leagues tout going to Vegas in the summer as a reward...

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Late Wednesday afternoon, officials confirmed the heat-related deaths of two people in Santa Clara County, California.
The victims died Monday in San Jose and were identified only as a 72-year-old man and an 87-year-old woman, said
Marina Hinestrosa, a spokeswoman for the county in Northern California.

The National Weather Service warned that the heat smothering the West this week carried "major potential for heat-related
illness and even death." High temperatures reached 120 degrees in Bullhead City, Arizona; 118 in Glendale, Arizona; 116 in
Phoenix, Tempe and Scottsdale, Arizona; and 111 in Las Vegas on Wednesday.

illusivetrout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I live in Az..Last Tuesday the temperature of the asphalt in front of my house measured 173 degrees F.Flat tires and recaps on the freeway.

ArizonaPete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For warmth, come out to sunny Palm Spring which hit 121 the other day. Not to worry - it's a dry heat.