Matlock vs Keither

Rimfirejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just said on stream trying to get Matlock and Keith to play on 7ft valley big cueball slow cloth. Did I hear this right? Wow

rossaroni

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wish we could go back in time 20-30 years. Still should be a cool match though, if it does happen.

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
Ronnie Sypher, (3 finger Ronnie) from North Miami back in the day played as good as ANYONE on a bar box with Big Q ball! Along with Danny Medina from Colorado.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Waiting for the AzBilliards' Matlock cheerleaders to join in this thread. :D

I haven't heard of a match between Dave and Keith, but Keith talks to many more people in the pool world than I do on his laptop and iPhone. So it's possible that there could be rumblings about it.

Keith has no fear to play anyone, but most of all, he enjoys competition and thrives on audience involvement. So, if there is a game, it will be live streamed.

The two-shot pushout rules will be attractive to Keith. :)

Both Keith and Dave are barbox mechanics, though they both can play on all equipment and all games. They're not one-trick ponies like today's blue-blooded emotionless robots from a place that shall remain unnamed. ;)

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dave works at one of the Midwest's top rooms, Shooters in Olathe Ks. Would be a great place to do something like this. Dan Tull is the owner and is real good about promoting pool. Git 'er done.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dave works at one of the Midwest's top rooms, Shooters in Olathe Ks. Would be a great place to do something like this. Dan Tull is the owner and is real good about promoting pool. Git 'er done.

Well, this is good info. Keith hasn't hit a ball, and Dave's working in a top pool room. Dave will not only have the home team advantage, but he's been playing, I'm sure.

Dave is a player with a lot of determination and has a serious tableside demeanor, and Keith is, well, Keith. I'm not sure about this match-up. :embarrassed2:

It might be fun, of course, but I don't think it's going to happen. At least I haven't heard anything about it.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, this is good info. Keith hasn't hit a ball, and Dave's working in a top pool room. Dave will not only have the home team advantage, but he's been playing, I'm sure.

Dave is a player with a lot of determination and has a serious tableside demeanor, and Keith is, well, Keith. I'm not sure about this match-up. :embarrassed2:

It might be fun, of course, but I don't think it's going to happen. At least I haven't heard anything about it.
Really?? From "no fear" to this? C'mon man. ;)

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
Really?? From "no fear" to this? C'mon man. ;)

I don't care who you are, if you aren't hitting balls daily, it won't take long for a champion to become a mere "A" player, and an "A" player to become an insignificant "B" player.

_______

Rusty C

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope they can get this match setup,I think everyone would enjoy it,and maybe,just maybe Jam will put her money where her mouth is.

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Ray Hanson said he is working on this match, but it has not been finalized. They will play on a Valley table w/the big cue ball and slow cloth. Ray is on the hunt for 3-4 big cue balls so each player would have one to practice with and the others would be for the match. So if any of you have a line on the big cue balls,please contact Ray. Fingers crossed, sounds like a fun one.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Ray Hanson said he is working on this match, but it has not been finalized. They will play on a Valley table w/the big cue ball and slow cloth. Ray is on the hunt for 3-4 big cue balls so each player would have one to practice with and the others would be for the match. So if any of you have a line on the big cue balls,please contact Ray. Fingers crossed, sounds like a fun one.

A 3-cushion ball?

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

They still sell then at Muellers:

https://www.muellers.com/Oversized-Belgian-Aramith-Cue-Ball,582.html?b=d*155

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In my simple minded opinion, bettors should watch out for the river on this thing.
:wink:

It is good when members can out themselves with the correct adjectives. "Simple minded" suits you perfectly.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I will ask Keith later today. This is the first I've heard of it, but maybe Keith doesn't want to share the news with me until the deal is sealed. :)