Full Racks Banks Match-Tonight 7pm cdt-J. Bergman vs D. Harriman Who do guys like ?

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This should be a very interesting match.

Who do you guys think is the favorite ?

Full Rack Bank is not that often seen these days & i can't wait to sweat this match.

Presented by The Players Club in St. Louis, Missouri.

The Iceberg Justin Bergman vs The Springfield Kid Danny Harriman.

Old school style full rack bank pool match.

It's a race to 3 sets, 23 banks wins each set.

116104950_1561605514018845_2227029064574413992_o.jpg

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pretty sure the players have agreed to not soft break.

So no huge long safety battles at the start of each rack.

Each rack is played out until all 15 balls have been banked.

1st player to bank 23 balls wins each set.

Best 3 out of 5 sets wins the match.

Good to see Danny play, been a while.

Copy (1).jpg

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Based on recent activity, I have to pick Bergman. When was the last time Harriman was in competition?

Rusty C

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
70 year old Tony Fargo said he thinks Danny will win,but he would like to challenge the winner

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
70 year old Tony Fargo said he thinks Danny will win,but he would like to challenge the winner
I used to know Tony really well & ran around with him some.

At one point in time NOBODY could beat him playing full rack banks.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
When is Bergman going to get the respect he deserves as a competitor? He's a buzzsaw and one heck of a money player. Why was Danny the odds on favorite?

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No one in the world made Danny the favorite. They would have gotten a million in bets. Jay bet on him a small bet even, and I’d bet that was more for nastslgia. I bet on Danny with odds, kind of for the same reason.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
No one in the world made Danny the favorite. They would have gotten a million in bets. Jay bet on him a small bet even, and I’d bet that was more for nastslgia. I bet on Danny with odds, kind of for the same reason.

Jay had to think it was a lock LOL. But I'm glad to see Justin come out ahead.

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It should be noted that this match was on a table, at a room, that JB plays on/at regularly.

I doubt that prior to the match DH had ever been in there.

So given those circumstances, for DH to come in and make the match as close as he did, against a player of JB's caliber, is quite the testament to DH's skill and mental toughness. Not to mention that with that close a score, a few banks go the other way DH wins.

Lou Figueroa

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched the whole match. I was super impressed with Danny’s play. I think he may have even hit the banks slightly better than Justin. For sure his safety CB was better. Justin was shooting off the “Brunswick” way more than Danny was. Danny’s mental game was way better IMO. I don’t think I’ve seen a player from start to finish of a long match have perfect posture when walking the whole time, never got angry, never lost his focus once, never slumped and gave up even one second. He is a tough customer.

The score difference imo was Danny must have scratched about 10 times, often while pocketing a bank. That was a huge difference.

I hope to see him play again. He really was a joy to watch. He also takes great care of himself. He looked like a professional athlete.

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
Hate that I missed it.

Thanks you guys for keeping me up to speed:thumbup:

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I watched the whole match. I was super impressed with Danny’s play. I think he may have even hit the banks slightly better than Justin. For sure his safety CB was better. Justin was shooting off the “Brunswick” way more than Danny was. Danny’s mental game was way better IMO. I don’t think I’ve seen a player from start to finish of a long match have perfect posture when walking the whole time, never got angry, never lost his focus once, never slumped and gave up even one second. He is a tough customer.

The score difference imo was Danny must have scratched about 10 times, often while pocketing a bank. That was a huge difference.

I hope to see him play again. He really was a joy to watch. He also takes great care of himself. He looked like a professional athlete.
Pretty sure Danny lives a very conservative lifestyle,
And I think He is also a Runner/jogger

Stew_Pidaso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While Justin does play there more frequently. Danny came into town at least twice in the past week just to practice on the table and they even played a practice game the other night on the same table.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I enjoyed the hell out of this match. I bought the stream wondering if Danny would represent himself the same way he does here when goes after people about straight pool. It turns out he's nothing like that. He's a great player who conducted himself like a gentleman and after he almost made the comeback in the first set I started pulling for the guy. Watchez had some cool stories from the old days and I got to see some great pool. All in all it was a good night.

Does anyone know if there was a bet in the middle or were they playing for a piece of the stream?