Is the 9-ball break as easy as they make it look at the World's WPA 9ball?

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess its the Magic rack they are using? with the 1-ball on the spot I think? Some even pattern rack and you'll see the same balls in the same area all the time.

I play mostly 8b some 9b with a wooden triangle, so I'm rather clueless other than what I see on the streams.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
With the 1 on the spot and the magic rack or whatever non-union Mexican equivalent they are using it really is that easy. It's like a trick shot. I was straight up stunned when I saw Mika have several dry breaks which probably explains why he went 2 and out.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What??

With the 1 on the spot and the magic rack or whatever non-union Mexican equivalent they are using it really is that easy. It's like a trick shot. I was straight up stunned when I saw Mika have several dry breaks which probably explains why he went 2 and out.

non-union Mexican equivalent?? Really?

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well...,

If 1-ball is on spot 9-ball game is broken.

If the game is broken why aren't there more packages? why are 1 and 2 racks the norm, not 5 and 6?

I keep hearing that the game is broken and easy, but I dont see anyone but the top pro's running out?

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the game is broken why aren't there more packages? why are 1 and 2 racks the norm, not 5 and 6?

I keep hearing that the game is broken and easy, but I dont see anyone but the top pro's running out?

They use alternative break to glue-fix..

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I watched nearly 600 games in this event in 2014 and 2015 (combined) using the same breaking and racking rules as this year. At least one ball was made on the break 97% of the time. Deducting the fouled and illegal breaks, 88% of the breaks were successful.

Dustin_J

Commence the Jigglin!
Silver Member

Senor Spielbergo disapproves

latest

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess its the Magic rack they are using? with the 1-ball on the spot I think? Some even pattern rack and you'll see the same balls in the same area all the time.

I play mostly 8b some 9b with a wooden triangle, so I'm rather clueless other than what I see on the streams.

It is absolute nonsense that pool allows self racking. You don't see that in snooker, bowling or other target shooting. In soccer, that is like telling the opposing goalkeeper where to stand before you shoot the penalty. :grin: