1C on a pool table

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was skeptical, but this is quite a challenge and is a lot of fun. It's my new favorite game off of a carom table...

As for the pockets, they are simply hazards. There is no consequence or penalty, just spot the balls on the foot spot. If you need to spot two balls, reset the opening break shot. All of the other rules of 1C apply.

You will find that the trade-off of not getting to bank on corners is made up for by playing position on a spotted ball. You end up playing more up-down table gather shots. The opening break plays short so you need to do something different, like come under the third ball.

Its impossible that I'm the first one to play this, but I haven't seen much literature on it.

Nate

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
For the break, now the only break i use,
Instead of going 3 rails off left side of the red

Go off the right side
Bout 3/8s hit with no english and about 1 tip above center
Goes 2 rails and brings all the balls close together
i discovered this from hoppes book

Jerseychris

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was skeptical, but this is quite a challenge and is a lot of fun. It's my new favorite game off of a carom table...

As for the pockets, they are simply hazards. There is no consequence or penalty, just spot the balls on the foot spot. If you need to spot two balls, reset the opening break shot. All of the other rules of 1C apply.

You will find that the trade-off of not getting to bank on corners is made up for by playing position on a spotted ball. You end up playing more up-down table gather shots. The opening break plays short so you need to do something different, like come under the third ball.

Its impossible that I'm the first one to play this, but I haven't seen much literature on it.

Nate

Google "cowboy billiards".....fun game played at exclusive clubs in NYC on 10' pool tables. Combines pool and billiards.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sometimes, I play with 3 balls and try to kick into first ball and then carom into 2nd one. I think it helps with accuracy...hitting the correct side and amount of the first ball, ya know?

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member

Nate

I know a guy makes a set of inserts....beyond bad ass and you’ll have to open your wallet. But If one gots the dough its fo sho.
4cc3bd10171710015e15064717d166b2.jpg
9155c0fc5e93ae7c9604ca657b607e72.jpg
cdc8a551e6e313178ea37cf3892bafa9.jpg
51e48a12af9bfd9c75137621adca40e1.jpg
73d4c03728f2287ba82cfa2d2d0dd0b8.jpg
854cc653ec78fa0080f3212c28d05c32.jpg
e49499f1a10324c8f2f42343b11e2774.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Google "cowboy billiards".....fun game played at exclusive clubs in NYC on 10' pool tables. Combines pool and billiards.

I'm not particularly a big fan of cowboy. It is too easy to accumulate a large amount of points by sinking balls, and the loss-of-all-points rule prevents carom attempts.

One-cushion-hazards doesn't score for pocketed balls, but instead is strategic for re-setting a ball to the foot spot.

eihi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those are nice

Although $980 seems excessive for what you are getting. I guess worth it if they work well, after you get them fitted to the table how hard are they to remove/or put back on after taking off?
Like can i go from pool to 3c fairly quickly then back to pool?

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not particularly a big fan of cowboy. It is too easy to accumulate a large amount of points by sinking balls, and the loss-of-all-points rule prevents carom attempts.

One-cushion-hazards doesn't score for pocketed balls, but instead is strategic for re-setting a ball to the foot spot.

I've never played Cowboy according to the rules I just read. "Pocketing a ball must contact a rail."

The game I played every shot there must be a carom. 1point A pocketed ball adds to the scoring. 2 ball = 2 points for instance. Pocket all 3 balls = 6 points. Carom off all 3 balls = 5 points. Maximum per stroke = 11 points. Any foul erases all points in the run.

The main point is all shots require a carom.

Great practice for rotation games. Not to mention practice in CB control and spin.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Nate
Good thread..thanks. I'm just getting started with 1c on a GC4 (for now), I do not have access to a carom table. Not an easy game.

Last edited: