Swanee Invitational

danomano

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know if/when this will be? hadn't heard anything about it yet - but I thought it was in February last year.

Well yea of course. So I guess nobody should care about the equipment then. Let it all go to shit. Doesn’t seem to matter.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Last year the CSI staff drove down to San Diego area and ran the Jay Swanson Memorial 9-ball Tournament.

This is the 22nd annual event. One of the longest running events out there.....

The tables were fine. They were fine at the previous 2 years, too. I cant speak about their current condition, but they were fine the previous years.

Mark Griffin

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm always hopeful that tournaments are a good experience.
I always see the glass as half full...

Pool is struggling--lets support the efforts of those that put on the events.

Mark Griffin

Well then everything should be wonderful.

Mark, I spent some time in the room a while back. If you say “pool is suffering” then you need not look any further than the pool rooms and the owners. That place is a trip and fall away from closure. Run down. Tables in terrible shape and based on comments I have received from others that still frequent the place for tournaments say nothing has changed. When I was there....some tables had facing problems, drink stains, balls rolling off. Balls literally rolling on the slate seams. Bad lighting (replace the bulbs?). Now they hopefully will redo the tables by then. But, till then this place is in terrible shape. Not to mention how it’s ran.

I am also a half full guy but it’s hard to look at an empty glass and see anything in it. Frost has the right idea. And if these places don’t clean up there act then maybe going under is the best thing.