Thirty Days and One Night

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
This was a 2017 movie starring Russ Geary, a pretty good pool player in his own right. It's all about pool and pool hustling, and should be an interesting watch. I haven't seen it yet, in fact I just heard about it recently. It's available for purchase online. Someone watch it and tell us how you liked it.

drv4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’s a short film (23min long) and free if you have amazon prime. Going to start it now.

SamShaddey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok just watched it! It is a good short film. All over my stomping grounds being I’m from Michigan and now live in Fort Wayne. Anyway well worth the 30 min watch definitely better than 9 ball the movie,

kkdanamatt

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It's not a movie about pool, per se.
It's more about how alcoholism affects relationships.
The pool shots shown are typical quick camera cuts.
If you have Prime, then it's free.
Otherwise, don't pay for it.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
It's not a movie about pool, per se.
It's more about how alcoholism affects relationships.
The pool shots shown are typical quick camera cuts.
If you have Prime, then it's free.
Otherwise, don't pay for it.

Kind of like how The Hustler wasn't a movie about pool! It was all about alcoholism and dysfunctional relationships with a few pool games thrown in. :rolleyes:

kkdanamatt

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Kind of like how The Hustler wasn't a movie about pool! It was all about alcoholism and dysfunctional relationships with a few pool games thrown in. :rolleyes:
Jay,
The script, the pool scenes and shots in "The Hustler" were somewhat real, although carefully scripted. The atmosphere was gritty and believable.
To me, this movie is not compelling in any way.
Have you watched it?

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Jay,
The script, the pool scenes and shots in "The Hustler" were somewhat real, although carefully scripted. The atmosphere was gritty and believable.
To me, this movie is not compelling in any way.
Have you watched it?

those of us that are longing for pool related content may find it a tasty little morsel

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
Fiiiiiiiiiiigt!

I'd forgotten I'd tried to watch it until I saw this post and pulled it up. Anything that comes up as "Continue watching" never gets a continued watch. So may be good it's 24 minutes, I only made it through 10.

Last edited: