AZB Money List??? Fight Night

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was looking at the official money list to see if Shane's recent payouts were listed and noticed something very strange...Alex P had $50k listed for a fight night as official winnings. Is this right? It was basically a gambling match were both players put up $25K each "entry fee". If this was added to official winnings I would think that $25 would be a more appropriate total since half of the $50k was theirs.

Thoughts? It just struck me as very strange to include in the rankings.

Thanks,
Dave

By the way, I love Alex so this has nothing to do with any one individual, just trying to maintain the integrity of the money totals.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was looking at the official money list to see if Shane's recent payouts were listed and noticed something very strange...Alex P had $50k listed for a fight night as official winnings. Is this right? It was basically a gambling match were both players put up $25K each "entry fee". If this was added to official winnings I would think that $25 would be a more appropriate total since half of the $50k was theirs.

Thoughts? It just struck me as very strange to include in the rankings.

Thanks,
Dave

By the way, I love Alex so this has nothing to do with any one individual, just trying to maintain the integrity of the money totals.

Exactly. Said same thing some time ago, Ridiculous that own money is counted as prizemoney
Also not all prizemoney and events are included mostly because of insufficient info . Other problem with prizemoney is the quantum of prizemoney is arbitrary decided by promoter depending on budget, economic conditions etc. If compare prizemoeny of tourneys over years many have dropped due to bad times. W9B winner purse used to be $100K now only $30K , International Challenge of champions used to be $50K now only $25K
Never accurate to use arbitratry subjective $$ amounts as a measure
Fargo is a better gauge than prizemoney list.

Zhero

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well come to think of it, if you snap off the US open and won, say, 30k, should the money list be listed as 29.5K, with $500 subtracted because that was your own money?

Obviously im making numbers up but I'm just saying, we have to have a consistent system.

Zhero

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thinking about it a little more, if your entry money is to be subtracted, then should we track the money lost as well? For instance should Scott's money list be -25,000$? Or anybody who entered a tournament and didn't win anything? Hope I'm making sense, thanks.

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well come to think of it, if you snap off the US open and won, say, 30k, should the money list be listed as 29.5K, with $500 subtracted because that was your own money?

Obviously im making numbers up but I'm just saying, we have to have a consistent system.

I get what you're saying, but I do not think it's the same. Example: That 1-pocket event limited to 16 players at $2k entry is still a tournament in my opinion, there would be no need to deduct the entry fee from the winnings even though it's certainly a higher percentage of their winnings then a tournament w/48-128 people, but still a tournament.

I just thought it strange when there is a "2 man tournament" that it should even be included, but if it was deemed to be, I would think that only the winning amount would be recorded, but I am against that money to be added in the money list, there are a lot of action "2 man tournaments" every day and they are not included. It just bugs me.

Dave

Eagles89

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
they don't win the backer win the money an the player just get so much of the winning

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Player A wins 50K(25K entry) in a fight night match.

Player A loses 2 fight night matches, -100K.

The money board would still show 50K total in prize earnings.

Another twist is most of it is backers money.

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
I think it is fine the way it is. Travel costs, entry fees, backer %, none of these
are ever deducted from the money won. And, imo, we shouldn't start now.

gr. Dave

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oscar 35,285 in prize earnings including 20K(10K entry) for beating Skylar Woodard. Then Oscar lost to Justin, 40k(20K entry).

So fight night matches inflates the money board for those participating in them.

lost

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"Fight Night" fuzzy math at its best. It's hilarious to even refer to "entry fees" on these so called "fight night" things. Get real...nobody falls for that....whoops apparently somebody does.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
As for me, I don't think these two man "tournaments" should even be included in money winnings for the year. If we do this then we might as well include all money games that top players play, and that might not be such a good idea.

scttybee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the fight nght things are a little silly as they are just inflating the numbers...as for what they lose thats also a little silly
but to subtract is beyond silly...does that mean we should subtract the electric bill and a tank of gas?

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
As for me, I don't think these two man "tournaments" should even be included in money winnings for the year. If we do this then we might as well include all money games that top players play, and that might not be such a good idea.

Exactly my point, Jay. Thanks.

overlord

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some how they need to find a way to increase the purse money. I mean 30K for the world nine ball is a joke.

snowmon34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I just noticed 1 on 1 tourneys listed as prize money for a few players ..

Jay is correct 1 on 1 tourneys distort the money rankings...

It's stupid..

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
they don't win the backer win the money an the player just get so much of the winning

resized_engrish-meme-generator-engrish-madafaka-do-you-speak-it-645bbd.jpg