Best ball polisher

maxeypad2007

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am in the market for a ball polisher for my home. Currently I have a home grown model that didn't work out so well.

I had ordered a diamond ball polisher and the guy backed out on the deal.

I've heard mixed reviews on the aramith model that only does one ball at a time. I would imagine this is time consuming as well.

Ideally I would like something that could do at least 4 balls at a time and is a pre-built solution. I am not handy just to put it out there.

what would you buy?

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
find robert ingold on fb, he makes one thats quite similar to the diamond machine, but much cheaper

i own one, its perfect, even has a timer

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I am in the market for a ball polisher for my home. Currently I have a home grown model that didn't work out so well.

I've heard mixed reviews on the aramith model that only does one ball at a time. I would imagine this is time consuming as well.

Ideally I would like something that could do at least 4 balls at a time and is a pre-built solution. I am not handy just to put it out there.

what would you buy?

Diamond Ball cleaner is a solid investment, especially for home use. Yeah its a little pricey, but, you get what you pay for. Call and order it direct from them and be done.

Trent from Toledo

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nothing wrong with a Ballstar. Does 8 balls at a time. Shop for price.

pab

Center ball can do it all
Silver Member
I have a Diamond, single-platter. It is pricey, but I love it.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the new style Ball Star and love it.... matter of fact … it cleans the balls TOO good !!!

banditgrrr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stay away from the Aramith single ball polisher. I purchased it from Seyberts and it's a complete waste of money. You can polish the balls faster and better by hand with a microfiber towel and some polish.

banker123

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

what would you buy?

i have a ball cleaner i bought from china. it can wash 16 balls at one go in a one minute. each ball in one ring slot. imho, it really does the job well. at less than what a diamond cleaner costs.

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
i have a ball cleaner i bought from china. it can wash 16 balls at one go in a one minute. each ball in one ring slot. imho, it really does the job well. at less than what a diamond cleaner costs.

Link?

More text, cuz, reasons...

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've had a Ballstar for over 15 years and it's works great without any problems or issues whatsoever.
The best part is I bought it used at a very good price & it's been as reliable as the sunrise every day.
As earlier posted, the Ballstar cleans eight balls at a time so doing a set doesn't take very long at all.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
have had a bludworth polisher for 6/7 years i think
no problems'
still works fine
http://www.bludworthballcleaner.com/

The Diamond dual platter is not much more than that and looks WAY better. :)

Trent from Toledo

ball_washer_v1_DBP-001.jpg

or
2013618194828_bbc4_opened.jpg

Last edited:

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
The blud worth takes up less space (i think ) besides costing less

I own a vintage Bludworth I salvaged from a Brunswick Pool Room in a Brunswick Bowling alley, its ugly, but, it works and when it doesn't I will move to a nice Diamond Polisher. :)

Trent from Toledo

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
I second that. We've had a Bludworth for 22+ years polishing roughly 20 sets/week - that totals +/- 23,000 sets of balls polished. All we've ever had to do is change out the pads every few years when they get dirty.

Does it clean the balls well?
I've had the ballstar and while that machine did not polish the balls really well it did clean them pretty darn good. The machine I currently own polishes them real good but hardly cleans the balls so I have to pre-clean them.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you like a little DIY you can find instructions for making one from a bucket and a car polisher. Search for homemade pool ball polisher.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think you buy a ball polisher for the looks of it. The diamond dual platter takes up way too much room to store.