Love this game...

scottjen26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Been sick for 4 - 5 days, got to watch a lot of TV and YouTube. I've been playing 3 cushion again since we got a table in Jacksonville, maybe 8 - 10 hours so far. Things were slowly coming back, I reviewed some of my systems and read through some of the Byrne material again working my way through various shots. Was probably averaging .3 - .4, decent but inconsistent compared to years ago.

Wow, what a difference watching matches made! So much to watch on YouTube, back in the day I learned mostly from buying Accustats tapes, and I don't even have a VHS player anymore, will need to convert those someday...

Anyway, after having the time and watching a ton of matches, I played today and noticed my shots were softer, I was choosing the right shot more often, paying more attention to position and kisses, etc. Averaged .6 (24) in a 40 inning game, which isn't that far off from how I used to play.

I still have to improve my consistency on certain types of shots, especially short angles when I'm below the ball, just not seeing the angle right. Also a difference because I'm using a Predator shaft now, so have to rebuild my feel a bit on compensations for squirt/curve vs. my muscle memory with my old shaft from 10 yeas ago. I'm even able to play 3 cushion and then go play pool without my stroke getting all whacked out, which happened the first few times I played. If anything, I play pool better afterward, everything just seems effortless.

Just had to tell someone, and since I've only met one real player locally so far (although I think Agi snuck up there one day when I wasn't there) figured I would tell y'all. Hope to meet some more local talent over the coming weeks and months, possibly Bill will honor me with his presence one day since he's not too far away, and I may even venture up to Savannah for the monthly tourney.

What a great game!!!
Scott

zensteve

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have fun Scott! Don't forget how difficult and frustrating this game is at the same time we enjoy every minute of it!