New Panjo Marketplace

HoldemRw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with u there sir its crazy people cant pay the 35 or 40 dollar gold membership when selling so many cues. Or be honest just the information u can obtain and free live streaming matches etc.. is well worth the 40 dollar gold membership alone. I did read a explanation somewhere on the thread order but cannot figure it out on my phone app how to change it. I only use phone app no computer. Also read a suggestion a while back that seemed very reasonable in just allowing gold members to sell on AZ would fix or help the problem. That way everybody selling anything has contributed to AZ.

And just a side note I am only parent whos only job is selling and repairing cues. I say that because if I can afford a gold membership than 99% of others should purchase one also. It is funny how some of the people complaining about the new set up arent even gold members which to me is laughable. I will always be on AZ I love the website the people here are great (at least most of them haha) and I will renew my gold membership regardless of what happens just cause I feel like I owe AZ that much for all they have done for me. Iam not complaining just really saying my opinion and cannot imagine having ur job having to sort through all of this. U guys have always done a great job running AZ and I am sure u will continue the good work

MnHunter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Holdem, the complaint about the order of threads really has nothing to do with Panjo. It was a completely separate change and you can always change your personal options to sort the areas like they used to be sorted.

To answer the ongoing conversation about money... Yes, Panjo's ability to monetize items for sale was A REASON to try to them out. Just not the way most of you are thinking it was. I am more interested in finding a way to monetize the folks who won't even purchase a gold membership, but basically run their own business by selling items here. Jerry ran into a guy a couple years ago who proudly proclaimed that he was making thousands a month selling stuff on the forums. When we checked, he had never supported the site in any way. It is those folks who annoy the crap out of me. I don't care about the guys who jump in and sell one or two items every once in a while, and I wouldn't even mind so much if the guys who are running their businesses here would also contribute to the conversations with intelligent conversation.

I know I am not acting as quick as some of you would like, but I am monitoring these threads and am working on a decision as to which direction to take things. I want to give panjo a real chance, but there has been a fair amount of bugs that has not helped with the situation.

Mike

Easy fix would be to just only allow paying members to post cues for sale. $5 for bronze which would allow you to view the wanted/for sale and $15 for silver which would allow you to sell also. Then those who pay for gold get all the rest of the benefits. This would eliminate the people that get on and try to sell an item and are never heard from again. This site is about members contributing to the betterment of the sport we all love. These one and done members do no such thing. Also perhaps making people pay for a membership in order to sell may eliminate some of the scammers we've seen over the last few year in the forsale and action selections.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
It isn't even really the one and done members that bother me. People get hand me down cues all the time and don't have any idea what they are worth or where they can sell them. I don't mind those folks coming on and using the site to move that cue.

It is the folks who are selling 15-20 items a month and just see AzB as a free place to advertise that annoy the crap out of me.

Mike

Easy fix would be to just only allow paying members to post cues for sale. $5 for bronze which would allow you to view the wanted/for sale and $15 for silver which would allow you to sell also. Then those who pay for gold get all the rest of the benefits. This would eliminate the people that get on and try to sell an item and are never heard from again. This site is about members contributing to the betterment of the sport we all love. These one and done members do no such thing. Also perhaps making people pay for a membership in order to sell may eliminate some of the scammers we've seen over the last few year in the forsale and action selections.

Kot_Bigemot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It isn't even really the one and done members that bother me. People get hand me down cues all the time and don't have any idea what they are worth or where they can sell them. I don't mind those folks coming on and using the site to move that cue.

It is the folks who are selling 15-20 items a month and just see AzB as a free place to advertise that annoy the crap out of me.

Mike

Could not agree more.
And when someone tells them about this fact, they reply - I have been here forever, so mind your own business.
This has to stop. Creating multiple threats for same items etc.

Last edited:

asiasdad

Banned

Mike

Tap...Tap...Tap...

Nits annoy the crap out of any reasonable man.

Gold membership to sell has been suggested serveral times, and limiting the
number of threads one could start in a month would be another method to
keep the forum from going out of control.

Of course you could step up your game and offer a Platinum membership
that doubles the threads per month one could start or even a
Business Partner membership with unlimited access.

Just adjust the costs accordingly.

It's obvious to the majority here that Panjo doesn't get it, therefore it is time
to pull the trigger on them, and initiate other options.

Thanks for working on improving the best site for cue nuts going Mike

Danny

cues are my hobby, not my business...even so I would buy a platinum membership

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I might have sold 2 or 3 total cues on AZ in the 10 years I've been a member. When the gold memberships were offered, I signed up and have been gold since. To me, it's about supporting the place I spend a lot of time at.

Now, if someone is legitimately running a business on here or supplementing their income on here, I'm almost shocked they would not support the site.

I guess every person has their own value set. That's what makes the world interesting:)

Mike, I think writing down your objectives (to yourself) and prioritizing them might be a good way to go about the for sale forum.

The panjo market place is just very buggy and clunky now.

If lack of site support by serial sellers is your main complaint, perhaps you can have a tiered approach:

Standard members can post twice a month total in for sale forum. This would cover the person who sells their personal playing cue after upgrading.

Gold members can post 5 times a month total.

Then dealers can post 20 times a month. Maybe charge them 100 a year, or whatever you see fit. Or maybe even give them their own section.

This tiered approach could be handled in the v bulletin software (I think?) And the posting limit would automatically take care of "bumps" and move questions relating to an item to PM's.

Thanks for all you do AZ!

Limpkinw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So just to be clear I can no longer sell any new production cues here if they are currently being sold by Seyberts (who the AZB marketplace affiliates for)

Is this correct?

plshrk22

A Holes Billiards
Silver Member
I have been trying to post a new thread with Panjo all afternoon. It keeps giving me the 404 page not found error. I am using Safari.

** I just tried using Firefox as well but had the same result.

** Just tried using a PC with Internet Explorer 8 and also Google Chrome. Panjo does not support IE 8 but does support Chrome and I had the same error on Chrome.

Last edited:

panjo

Registered
I have been trying to post a new thread with Panjo all afternoon. It keeps giving me the 404 page not found error. I am using Safari.

** I just tried using Firefox as well but had the same result.

** Just tried using a PC with Internet Explorer 8 and also Google Chrome. Panjo does not support IE 8 but does support Chrome and I had the same error on Chrome.

Hi plshrk22,

Has this been occurring when trying to create a new listing on the marketplace itself or when trying to create a new thread in the for sale subforum?

Sincerely,
Niko @ Panjo Support

greytop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll be neutral since Panjo has not been used by me yet. Apparently to many bumps by people and alot of items sold by others (while not contributing to AZB itself) is a sore spot to some.

What if the old AZB program did this: Place the responsibilty of a new thread on the seller alone. A seller has to be a Gold Member to sell on AZB. Disable the QUICK REPLY so it can not bump a sale thread to top of page 1. People could still quick reply to the thread but a bump would not take place.

Only the author of the sale thread can bump their own thread and no one else. The seller would have to answer for any rule breaking and no one else.

(will continue in another quick reply below)

Last edited:

greytop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
(continuation of above quick reply)

When a seller starts a NEW sale thread the photos and narratives would be typed into the thread. Once the thread is fininshed and placed on AZB the seller will see a button at the bottom of the narrative (same area as the edit button). This new button will show BUMP on it. This button is the only way to bump the thread, only the seller can bump, no one else.

You could still edit the thread without any problems. To Bump the thread you could hit the edit button, then the BUMP button and finally the save button. The thread would then move to the top of page 1. This would eliminate any problems in bumping, the seller is the only person involved in moving the selling thread.

This is only my thought. Maybe the panjo program will be fine.

Last edited:

krbsailing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just tried to list a cue for sale here and went thru all the motions to come up empty!

The last screen I saw said I didn't have access or something stupid???

Got an email from Panjo saying my Paul Allers Ebony & BEM 8 Pointer with MOP Inlays "listing is live" but, it ain't showing up anywhere I can see it folks :confused:

[It looks like it's posted here >>> http://forums.azbilliards.com/class...rs-ebony-bem-8-pointer-with-mop-inlays-163731 ....wherever the hell that is and I don't know how to get there for sure either; but, it ain't listed here in the for sale item section] :withstupid:

I've been a member here since 12/18/2005 and have 205 positive itrader transactions which I get zero credit for on Panjo!?!? :scratchhead:

Last edited:

panjo

Registered
Hi everyone,

First, we are sorry about yesterday's mishap. We were updating listings in our database and it adversely affected outdated thread posts. This bug caused many old, inactive thread posts to be recreated in the AzBilliards classified’s sub-forums. The bug has been fixed and the thread posts have largely been removed.

Second, there was a new bug this morning. New listings were creating duplicate thread posts. We are aware of the issue and are working to fix it immediately. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

Third, we are excited to announce several new features that we have released this past week to the marketplace:

1. Wishlist feature for buyers - you can now add any listing to a 'wanted items list' by going to the listing page and clicking '+ Add To Wishlist' under the Buy Now button. These saved items appear under your 'Wishlist' which you can access by hovering over the profile icon on Panjo and clicking Wishlist.
2. Improved navigation to/within your community - new features and links which help keep you in the AzBilliards classifieds.
3. Auto-login from transactional emails - if Panjo sends you an email notifying you of a new message, you can go directly to the message on Panjo without having to sign in.
4. Community logos & forum links on listing details page - we have added the AzBilliards logo to all AzBilliards classified’s listings and a links to thread post discussions on listing detail pages.
5. WTB listing format - want-to-buy listings are now as easy to create and browse as sale listings.
6. Draft features for sellers to save and return to their work - you can now start the listing creation process and exit without your work being erased. You can return later and finish your listing from where you exited.
7. Improvements to our mobile and tablet designed pages to help browse the listing details page.

Coming up next, we are massively improving our shipping tools to help sellers calculate shipping costs to buyers.

Again, we are sorry about the bugs from the last couple days and the frustration we might have causes. Please know that we are working hard to improve the marketplace experience for you guys. If you have any feedback on the new marketplace, we would, as always, love to hear it!

Best,
Max @ Panjo Support

Kot_Bigemot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why are they still here?
Majority does not want to use them.
They seem to bring bugs and problems ONLY.
yesterday they duplicated threats. What is going to happen next? A security breach in their system and all our info will be compromised or stolen?
They are already using our emails without our authorization to send out spam and advertising.
I received an email 2 days ago:

The azbilliards Marketplace Has Moved to Panjo.com
1. Improved Marketplace
The new and improved interactive azbilliards marketplace will now live on Panjo.com. It's mobile friendly, it has better search, and much more.
2. Post Directly to azbilliards from Panjo
New listings made in the new marketplace will automatically appear as threads on azbilliards.
3. Your Panjo Account is Almost Ready
In a few minutes, we will transfer your listings, purchase history, and more to Panjo.com. You'll receive your login information shortly.
Login today and see what .

When I called, guess what I was told? Oh, we are so sorry, your account was suppose to be deleted but, there was a bug. But we assure you it will be deleted.PATHETIC!

Last edited:

Hal

Beer Player
Silver Member
Is there anyway to get rid of these huge ads when scrolling thru posts? It’s aggravating. Especially on mobile Tapatalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk