What warrants negative iTrader feedback?

ScottK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Without going into detail other than to say this was a $45 deal, and the cue can be purchased brand new, shipped for $66 online, so we're not talking big money here:

Would you say listing this cue as "like new" when it has three large dings and a crack in the finish in and of itself is grounds for negative iTrader feedback for what seems to be an otherwise honest seller who did offer to take the cue back? It is in otherwise good condition and not worth shipping it back.

To be clear here, the problem with the deal is not how it was handled at all, but the blatantly misleading description. Does that alone warrant negative feedback?

Consider also how unlikely it is this cue would sell used for a price for which it is even worth shipping since it can be had, brand new, for $66. Seems like a motive to be untruthful in the description in order to unload it. However, the seller seems like a stand up guy.

What say you: negative feedback or no feedback?

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member
Tell the seller you want a full refund including shipping. If they say no then leave a negative review.

Johnson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
a seller that gets mouthy and blames the buyer for their own incompetence is what merits negative feedback, if i want to keep an item but it's not as described i will look for a partial refund, a lot of times i will ask for them to just refund the shipping cost or give back a 50% refund if the description is totally off

so many times when buying stuff online (especially ebay) u are much better off paying retail locally that if u have an issue u can just return it and move on instead of a bunch of unnecessary drama when all u were trying to do was give a seller some business!

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Condition is subjective even it does feel a little deceptive. If the guy/gal is willing to refund your money in full then I don't think there's much to be upset about. In the end if they're willing to make it right that's all you can expect. Sometimes things don't always roll smooth or mistakes are made.

To me, its all about how they respond.

I've made mistakes before but I'll always do everything I can to make it right. I'd hate to think that could result in negative feedback.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
It deserves negative feedback because if it was listed as "like new" and had three large dings and a crack in the finish, then I cannot possibly see how that can be anything but intentional deception (unless he was the broker of his friends cue and never had possession of it and the friend shipped it, or the box was damaged and the damage could have happened in transit, etc). It was probably listed deceptively like that in the hopes that whoever receives it just doesn't feel like there was enough money involved to mess with returning it and getting a refund, and wouldn't leave him a negative if they did pursue it and he offered to undo the deal.

That said, when I mentioned the damage to the seller and how it didn't at all match his description of the cue, if he agreed to offered a full refund of every penny I paid for it including the shipping without having to be prompted, and also said he would pay for the return shipping of the cue to him as well, again, highly preferably without having to be prompted, asked, or begged, then I probably wouldn't leave negative. It still deserves it, but I probably wouldn't (and arguably I wouldn't be doing the right thing by not leaving it). Intentional deception really does deserve a negative no matter how "right" they make it after the fact though.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Huh? A 21 dollar difference between new and shipped or $45 used.

Is there any wonder that you are in somewhat of a quandary about what to do now.

backplaying

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Condition is subjective even it does feel a little deceptive. If the guy/gal is willing to refund your money in full then I don't think there's much to be upset about. In the end if they're willing to make it right that's all you can expect. Sometimes things don't always roll smooth or mistakes are made.

To me, its all about how they respond.

I've made mistakes before but I'll always do everything I can to make it right. I'd hate to think that could result in negative feedback.

I agree. What else can he do to make it right, other than offer a full refund?

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
He offered a refund, so I do not think he deserves negative feedback. It could be the cue was not looked over as closely as you did, or that it got damaged while packing or shipping.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He offered a refund, so I do not think he deserves negative feedback. It could be the cue was not looked over as closely as you did, or that it got damaged while packing or shipping.

Agreed.

I have looked at many cars in "like new" condition. Some folks have a different guage.

I don't believe in partial refunds.

I would either return or accept as is, and not use the seller again.

Ken

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Without going into detail other than to say this was a $45 deal, and the cue can be purchased brand new, shipped for $66 online, so we're not talking big money here:

Would you say listing this cue as "like new" when it has three large dings and a crack in the finish in and of itself is grounds for negative iTrader feedback for what seems to be an otherwise honest seller who did offer to take the cue back? It is in otherwise good condition and not worth shipping it back.

To be clear here, the problem with the deal is not how it was handled at all, but the blatantly misleading description. Does that alone warrant negative feedback?

Consider also how unlikely it is this cue would sell used for a price for which it is even worth shipping since it can be had, brand new, for $66. Seems like a motive to be untruthful in the description in order to unload it. However, the seller seems like a stand up guy.

What say you: negative feedback or no feedback?

Although I only did a few deals on AZB, I'd say no feedback rather than negative. Offered to take the cue back but did leave out some details (or even lied since "like new" would be clearly without dings or cracks). You should ask for a portion of money as a refund, maybe another $10-15 for the condition issues.

smenzel

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Although I only did a few deals on AZB, I'd say no feedback rather than negative. Offered to take the cue back but did leave out some details (or even lied since "like new" would be clearly without dings or cracks). You should ask for a portion of money as a refund, maybe another $10-15 for the condition issues.

Agreed. No feedback is a fine option.

This begs the question about how you and the seller attempted to resolve this issue.

ScottK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Huh? A 21 dollar difference between new and shipped or $45 used.

Is there any wonder that you are in somewhat of a quandary about what to do now.

No quandary, just soliciting opinions on what should be cause for negative feedback.

I had anticipated a response like this but deleted the part addressing it from my original post as to not drag it out. I told the seller had he been honest about the condition I'd have just bought it new. The difference in price is nothing. However, I was interested in trying out the cue, and he was looking to unload one. I figured it was a win-win, I save a few bucks and help him out in unloading a cue no one was interested in anyway. Just trying to be a nice guy.

Agreed. No feedback is a fine option.

This begs the question about how you and the seller attempted to resolve this issue.

Like I said originally, he offered a full refund. That's certainly acceptable from the perspective of making it right. My only question was if the misleading description alone was enough cause for negative feedback. As it stands I opted not to submit any feedback rather than post negatively regarding a seller who seems upstanding other than the description of this one item.

Thanks to everyone for the input.

ABall

Right behind you...
Silver Member
The problem with giving negative i-trader feedback is that you will receive one back in retaliation from the seller, whether your negative feedback is warranted or not. That's why the i-trader system is broken.