Opinion on wraps

scottjen26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've searched already, just looking for an opinion to solidify my decision...

Been wanting to change out my linen for leather for some time now on my Schon LTD. Recently ran into a guy with elephant ear on his cue an got me thinking again about changing out the linen for leather.

Looking for something soft but a little grippy or tacky or textured. My hands don't sweat, so that's not an issue. Don't like the lizard or other "hard" or slick wraps. Also don't want a smooth wrap that's slippery feeling. Elephant ear wasn't bad but a little too rough feeling for me, texture was nice though. I felt Kangaroo once but was very quick and a while ago, I remember liking it though initially. Options that have been recommended:

- Spanish Bull (regular or oil-tanned, not sure of the exact difference)
- Kangaroo (regular or "select", difference?)
- Tumbled Kangaroo (is this textured? real Kangaroo or just stamped?)
- Stingray
- anything else?

Thanks,
Scott

Dognit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Same thoughts I had. Been thru the std leathers...I opted for a pigskin (boar) wrap. Its got all the little follicle holes. Is soft and grippy and not abrasive. Sorry I dont have a closeup of the wrap.

BCM Cue by Bryan Mordt. Plays fantabulous.

BCM3_zpsmzi9decd.jpg

BCM4_zpsaksiobuw.jpg

stevel

Lomax Custom Cues
Silver Member
The tumbled kangaroo is some of the nicest stuff I've seen in a while.

scottjen26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Steve,

Is the tumbled kangaroo just regular kangaroo that's been through some sort of processing? Is it textured? Hard to tell from pics I've seen. I know it's tough trying to get a feel through words, but I was definitely intrigued by that one myself...
Scott