Navigator vs Predator vs Kamui vs Zan vs G2

Catalin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can feel the heat coming... but I have to ask

I am having an LD shaft made and it comes with a tip of my choice. The options are

Navigator
Predator Victory
Kamui
Zan
G2

What would you choose? I had a Kamui black in the past and didn't like it. Kamui and Predator tips is what everyone around here is shooting, I haven't been able to try any other layered tips.

Julian

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can feel the heat coming... but I have to ask

I am having an LD shaft made and it comes with a tip of my choice. The options are

Navigator
Predator Victory
Kamui
Zan

G2

What would you choose? I had a Kamui black in the past and didn't like it. Kamui and Predator tips is what everyone around here is shooting, I haven't been able to try any other layered tips.

Julian

Can only speak to the 3 in red.

Hated the predator tip, just felt wrong to me.

Kamui tips are good IMO, I like the softs in either black or brown. Their hardness levels are about a level off of everyone elses, their soft is like everyone elses mediums.

That said, I love the Zan tips. The mediums or the hybrid max. Both feel similar to me, with a slight edge to the hybrid max. They feel great, and do what Im trying to do to the cue ball, with zero maintenance issues. :thumbup:

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
I am on my second Kamui Black Clear SS as the first one seemed pretty hard and glazed over quickly. Had to have that one replaced. Hoping the second one is better because if you get a good one they are the best tips out there IMO.

I also had a G2 soft installed on a second shaft for comparison. So far the G2 seems decent although a bit harder as it only comes in soft.

Hardness isn't as important to me as having a tip that doesn't glaze over quickly. Ultimately that is what I am in search of.

Kevin

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
Is there any reason why you wouldn't use sandpaper or a shaper to graze the surface à little?

Julian

Julian

The last Kamui tip would need scuffing on a daily basis which I feel is a bit much. I don't mind scuffing or tip picking just trying not to have to do it every day if possible.

Thanks

Kevin

skankhammer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve tried all but the Predator. G2 hands down the winner in my opinion.
But, that is just my opinion.

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Out of your list.. I have tried them all except Navigator. I like the Zan myself. But recently switched to Cyborg. You should give them a try. Very little maintenance and go hand in hand with Low Deflection Shafts. My personal fave if the Cyborg Quick Medium.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
just get a good old fashioned Triangle tip and move along with your life.
i just dont know how we played pool before layered tips.

Bca8ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am on my second Kamui Black Clear SS as the first one seemed pretty hard and glazed over quickly. Had to have that one replaced. Hoping the second one is better because if you get a good one they are the best tips out there IMO.

I also had a G2 soft installed on a second shaft for comparison. So far the G2 seems decent although a bit harder as it only comes in soft.

Hardness isn't as important to me as having a tip that doesn't glaze over quickly. Ultimately that is what I am in search of.

Kevin

I am running with SIB tips.
$5 tip on a $500 shaft may seem counter intuitive but I have tried most everything available for myself as well as many others.
I personally, did not care for the Predator tip, experienced constant glazing with Kamui tips, and I wanted some contrast on the end of my Revo.

A customer brought in a couple SIB tips; I installed one for him and accepted 2 as payment... Been using and installing them nearly 2 years now, without complaints.

Catalin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Julian

The last Kamui tip would need scuffing on a daily basis which I feel is a bit much. I don't mind scuffing or tip picking just trying not to have to do it every day if possible.

Thanks

Kevin
I see, I actually do like scuffing tips, I find it therapeutic.

Julian

Last edited:

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i think the victory gets a bum rap as far as playability goes. i like them, but i've only used them on various predator shafts

Catalin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But recently switched to Cyborg. You should give them a try. Very little maintenance and go hand in hand with Low Deflection Shafts. My personal fave if the Cyborg Quick Medium.

Thanks, but it's not one of the options.

Julian

ehn9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Attachments

• 20180715_185353.jpg
    20180715_185353.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 1,329

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah i read your post.
Get a Triangle.

OP:

Even though there not on the list I too vote triangle. There very consistent from tip to tip, very low maintenance for most, easy to install and very cheap.

Triangles are a win/win.

After triangle, to me, a pressed lepro is next in line.

Now to give my opinion on your list:

I like hard tips.

First choice would be Kamui hard.
Very, very close second would be victory hard.

Both get bad reviews from some about glazing but it's not really all that bad unless they are not installed correctly.

Bottom line, every tip on your list is a good tip.

Rake