Rank your top 3 favourite cue tips

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm getting kind of tired of the kamui tips, looking to change brand. What are your top 3 tips?

wigglybridge

14.1 straight pool!
Silver Member
(1) pressed Elkmaster (some guy named Efrum Rayz recommended them)
(2) Moori medium
(3) Everest medium

really, i would pick (1) for all 3 choices, but it would look boring.

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
70s Champions.

70s LePros. (Don't compare them with today's)

Current Triangles, nice and thicker part of the hide.

All the best,
WW

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
New tips....my top three current favorites are Black Heart, Zan, and G2. Precision is right there also. Have not tried the Thoroughbred tips but anticipate they will be also.

TheBasics

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Howdy;

1.) pooldawg8's mikduds
2.) 70's LePro, still have most of a box I bought in 78.
3.) WB waterbuffalos

hank

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm getting kind of tired of the kamui tips, looking to change brand. What are your top 3 tips?
UltraSkin, Thoroughbred,Triangle. For the $$ US's have to be one of the best deals in all of pool. I've yet to get a bad one.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I only like 2.

Moori (S)
Kamui (S)

I am kinda boring I guess.

Both work great, and I am happy with either.

Ken

KeithS66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1. Pooldawg8 milk dud
2. Zan Hybrid Max
3. Kamui Black Soft

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

acedonkeyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BEST TIPS of ALL TIME

1) MOORI MS--1st Generation 1993 vintage

2) LePro 15mm--1980's Vintage--Single Pressed

3) Triangle 15mm--1990's Smooth Backed, Sink Tested for Density

Luckily since I am also a Cigar Afficianado, I keep all of my tips in a Controlled humidor environment with my cigars, so I have Fresh Stock of all these tips and can offer all of these tips to my customers. Today, my customers dont mind paying a premium compared to a TODAYS CRAPPOLA--Lepro or Triangle and just like TWEEETEN who makes all those tips except the Moori of course states, we use the same process and materials as we did 40 years ago, Just like they state the same materials are used in the chalk. You can believe whatever u want, I am just happy that I have access to the Vintage Stuff.

Dont forget there were people running 500 balls 60 years ago with the same equipment that is and was available compared to the players today that can also run hundreds of balls.

What I believe in the Tips world is very similar to the Shaft world. RAW MATERIALS are what has changed over the years and what we have available and what the manufacturer will accept as an acceptable BASE Material has changed and also the Availability of Base Raw materials that we rated for instance as "A" materials, TODAY, would not even be accepted as C or D mateials 40 Years Ago. You can do all the same production steps today as you did 40 years ago but if your FOUNDATION or BASE materials are of Quality or of SUB-Standard, no matter what you do between the start and the finish of the process, you still end up with a 'SUB STANDARD' END PRODUCT that 40 years ago would never pass through Quality Controls. But, Today, they are HAPPY to just let it GO.

THAT IS MY OPINION as a PLAYER and a Cue Repairman and Builder--

mike 'acedonkeyace' kennedy

Kennedys Billiard ProShop and Repairs