I got the call! Southwest Cues!

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why? I'm sure he had another cue to shoot with and with no deposit what's the issue?

Matt, pretty exciting news, enjoy the process and be sure to show it off in the gallery when you get it!

Yes, lots of cue over 14 years. Thanks for the positivity.

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
Thanks, Michael.

You're welcome, Matt. To take this one step further, I would suggest ( though I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir, here ), IGNORING any of the keyboard cowboys here who feel they just gotta get their daily dose of ( unwarranted ) attention. Good luck with the new cue. Go bust somebody with it when you get it.

Jack Justis

CASEMAKER
Silver Member
South West

After waiting a lifetime, I would get every option they offer plus a unique design that they have never done. These types of South West cues always demand higher pricing and they hold their value forever. Take my word on this one.......don't go cheap.

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After waiting a lifetime, I would get every option they offer plus a unique design that they have never done. These types of South West cues always demand higher pricing and they hold their value forever. Take my word on this one.......don't go cheap.

I agree! My request would be an Ebony and Ivory box cue.

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks, Legend. Advice greatly appreciated and noted.

pfduser

GRABBER GT
Silver Member
I know there for awhile they wouldn't take a order with ebony in it. Don't know about now though. But if it was me I would go with ebony into ebony with bright blue veneers. Congrats on your Southwest!

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Forgive my ignorance, but is Southwest a company such as meucci, or is it a single custom maker? You stated the call said "they" were ready to start on your cue. Just curious what makes a 15 year waiting list, unless it is one single guy using hand tools and making a couple cues a year.

Anyway, congrats on the new cue and good luck with the design. Hopefully it will be an heirloom piece that stays with you forever!

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Forgive my ignorance, but is Southwest a company such as meucci, or is it a single custom maker? You stated the call said "they" were ready to start on your cue. Just curious what makes a 15 year waiting list, unless it is one single guy using hand tools and making a couple cues a year.

Anyway, congrats on the new cue and good luck with the design. Hopefully it will be an heirloom piece that stays with you forever!

Wait list is based on demand, production capabilities, wood availabilities, and number of orders.

To my knowledge Laurie manages the business and they have two builders who've been making SW cues longer than the originator, Jerry did. But they learned from him and continue his tradition of excellence.

They've made a great playing cue used by Champions since their beginning (see Demand).

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wait list is based on demand, production capabilities, wood availabilities, and number of orders.

To my knowledge Laurie manages the business and they have two builders who've been making SW cues longer than the originator, Jerry did. But they learned from him and continue his tradition of excellence.

They've made a great playing cue used by Champions since their beginning (see Demand).

Thanks for the edumacation! Enjoy and can't wait to see the design you come up with.

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After placing my name on the list in 2005, I finally got the call from Laurie to begin designing my cues! I’m over the moon excited. Now I have to figure out what I want. Any suggestions?

Congrats, Matt! Go big or go home :grin:
I got on Joel Herceks list around the same time. Hoping I pop to the top within the next couple of years.

LegitStick1234

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats! Glad it is your time! Now I understand why their cues are always spendy! I did not know the list went out that long. How many do they crank out in a year if they have a 15 year waiting time?

I like the light wood with dark wood look. Cocobola and curly maple. Maybe with some points. Have fun with it! I know I would.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
After placing my name on the list in 2005, I finally got the call from Laurie to begin designing my cues! I’m over the moon excited. Now I have to figure out what I want. Any suggestions?

I'd get an inlaid cue but if that's not an opition Ebony and either Coco or Rosewood.. Green goes good with all those woods imo.

Congrats Matt!

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
SOUTH wEST

I recommend a cue / design YOU LIKE....
You can go with a lot of these Good Ideas-
Get a CUE YOU LIKE, Unless is strictly a buy and flip-then go all out....
I WAITED 13 YRS-
but no MACASSAR EBONY COULD BE USED-NONE AVAILABLE-
per Laurie-which is the wood I wanted-when I 1st decided on the cue
I picked a design from another S W cue I liked-
they built it to perfection!
* my avatar-

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member

What are you options as far as design is concerned?

I always thought all of there cues looked alike, just different woods and veneer colors were the options.

Just curious was it worth the 12 year wait to you??

Thanks

Kevin

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
Congrat's, man!

Based on your numbers, I still have 6 more years to wait. LOL. I ordered in 2011.

Go with something striking & bright!

Josh

woodyosborne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i'd just go over the top!!!!!! get high dollar cues now 'cause you'll wait that long again if you let them go. i've never heard of a cheap SouthWest cue.