Looking for brochure/catalog scan

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
EDIT: Found it. Go to post 33.

Does anybody have a scan of the old Cobra Professional cues brochure from the early nineties? (These are not the ones that just say Cobra or just have the Cobra logo.)

I think there were five cues in the series.

Any help, leads, or an actual scan would be great.

Thanks so much.

:smile:

picture.php

Last edited:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cues with this logo. Anybody have any brochures or catalogs?

picture.php

Last edited:

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i have the Billiards encyclopedia first edition. I don't remember seeing it in there but i will look. Its a long shot.

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just looked and no Cobra's in 2nd edition Chop. BTW the Adam I spoke of last week with Titlist veneers is a R/A 11 Riviera. I was under impression from builder that RH had some of these built with actual Brunswick Titlist blanks. Sounds like ADAM Japan factory made their own quality Titlist blanks and I was misled.

I have hit a few 90's Cobra's and they felt pretty good for an old overpriced, cheaply made and over rated import LMAO. Not as sweet as an old ADAM, Helmstetter, Julio Stramboulini or Meucci Original.

Good luck with brochure:groucho:

-Kat,

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Cobra Professional cues are not the same as the Cobra cues.

You might be surprised. :wink:

The "regular" Cobra cues were cheaply made, basically the same as the Mizerak cues, maybe slightly better. But some of them were actually identical to the Mizerak dove logo cues.

Last edited:

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nothing that's - ZERO - surprises me with those old, cheap, imported production cues from the 70's-90's. Many have soul/mojo that cannot be replicated even with todays state of the art manufacturing facilities.

-Late,

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Found This

Not sure if it helps'

Wedge

Attachments

• Cobra_Cues_SB101-SB205.jpg
    Cobra_Cues_SB101-SB205.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 762

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, but those are modern decal cues. Not the ones I am looking for. And they have about as much to do with the old Cobra Professional cues as Triumph motorcycles today has to do with vintage Triumphs...meaning nothing. :wink:

I have searched pretty thoroughly and am confident what I am looking for is not online.

gutshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Might try searching under Kao Kao International, the maker of Cobra cues. A few blurry brochures come up.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nothing that's - ZERO - surprises me with those old, cheap, imported production cues from the 70's-90's. Many have soul/mojo that cannot be replicated even with todays state of the art manufacturing facilities.

-Late,

Indeed. But some of them were not so cheap, though one might consider them overpriced.

The Cobra Professional cues and Mizerak Professional cues are really on par with the best Adam made cues IMHO. As far as I can tell they were the best cues that ever came out of Taiwan.

They were sold only through cue dealers, not department stores like their lesser cousins. The SM-7 Mizerak Professional, for example, retailed for $600 back around 1991.

Last edited:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK- nothing yet.

How about maybe some old magazine ads for these cues?

Anything?

I appreciate any help. :)

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Cues with this logo. Anybody have any brochures or catalogs?

8Ewnm31UDJFh5TiRbMk2AwZOc1z_J7XJ9FkQCy8FXMIXUkydW1Wj02uFIlWHHgI8eedgvUonfGekcVTgVljGSwFR7ra21gckjXM7VAoIi5EZ-td8il-mype2VDdM1aLHDo7a4Zf-DnRlEdcNTkYcBivstLp2_VwL0TVbgZi7Ma12nT9VAE8S04m73cmnmD2J5SXQf_dyi1y-zYBX_cGbOpoE-GHbq97lEAH5hEe1dshu_ffN39XJPAzMRN-sa4gf8EbeprcOAl9b6zld-TnP7LYHuvUIMzbbYVpz6E_vARL6mO2YLZnJj92LXSoK43iarOg-kpMBnhuJP7A3U8F94O0oP2rTHObLQ3VfmS63lnJdP-oAOvrlSpRWjwEkQTLXBqnPT5UvHd-gJnZwphoZ9RtblhlgHEAJK1lPpFzr4XCR_3yCxLXbHXkLoC6r7O_TFmP11KhZe3kkJZA8QdWw5l3iVC2GDP2e2zpFrlp99OuOoZnJ1YhTH_AYfjkZcS8pM8SmpE_uU2_Tt6KlbWz3_WpkmtBxOt5VqGeKxBEGAouHrwbivleLLg=s979-w735-h979-no
I don't see a Cobra logo above. Maybe it will come through on my post?

I searched back on your other post about Cobra Professional Cues. I'm all confused, which is par for the course. My Cobra Cue, whose logo looks like the Cobra logo on your other post ( http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=4130028&postcount=4 ), was most definitely from Lishan. At least, that's what I remember when I bought it new, but it's been 20+ years.

Maybe I need unconfusing, as there are/were a few cue companies that have used the Cobra name.

Freddie <~~~ can't remember why I bought it

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lishan were made in the same factory.

The Cobra Professional cues were imported by Harold Miller's company.

Are you saying you can't see my picture?

Not sure why that might be.

Does this show up?

picture.php

These cues are much higher quality that the Cobra cues commonly seen. Woods, fit, finish, etc are much better. In addition they have a weight bolt where the standard Cobra cues have a screw directly into the plastic butt cap.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lishan were made in the same factory.

The Cobra Professional cues were imported by Harold Miller's company.

Are you saying you can't see my picture?

Not sure why that might be.

Does this show up?

picture.php

These cues are much higher quality that the Cobra cues commonly seen. Woods, fit, finish, etc are much better. In addition they have a weight bolt where the standard Cobra cues have a screw directly into the plastic butt cap.

I see this photo this time. And I see the word "professional" underneath. I did have a catalog, but it may be buried in my house in Massachusetts. Don't think I'll find it anytime soon.

But per your suggestion, someone should be able to go into their archives of Billiard Digest magazines and find the ad. I always thought the ad read, "Lishan Cobra," but it sounds like your saying that was a list of cue brands from whatever factory they were being built (Kao Kao)?

Freddie <~~~ learn something old every day

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe that is correct. They were separate brands. Harold Miller, no longer with us, created the Cobra brand. He negotiated with the owner of the factory for the first run of cues. Took out a large amount on his American express to do it. He was a personal friend of Mizerak. He also did sales for Adam for over 20 years. His son started axiom cues and a cousin started Slyfoxx.

I am looking to connect these cues with the Mizerak Professional cues. Also very good quality and sold for up to $300 back in 1991. I think that may have been a Harold Miller venture as well and was told so by a cousin of Miller.

I realize these are fairly obscure Taiwan cues. But they have connections to big names in the industry and we're probably the best cues to come out of Taiwan.

I am interested and have been researching them for several years. I plan to contact Cue & Case, a former distributor near me, to see if I can dig up more on these cues.

I would love to have pics and model numbers. I did talk to a former Cobra Professional dealer. He remembered five cues but had no original print materials.

I have two Cobra Professional cues and one Mizerak Professional cue. They are actually very well made.

I am looking for more.

Last edited: