Wwyd ?

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was dwelling on an icindent that happened to me at league the other night. I was playing 9 ball vs a 5....i am a 6 in a 38-46 race with me going to 46.

I broke and ran a few balls and only needed 2 and my opponent needed 4. When i shot my next ball my opponent claimed i double hit the cue ball. I replied i did not feel the hit or see the cue ball move.

He was standing at the side of the table watching but out of my line of sight.

Before i go any further i guess i should explain the entire situation. Due to an injury in my shooting hand i cannot bend all my fingers around the cue and only have feeling in my thumb....index finger and partial in my middle finger and no feeling in 75 percent of my palm. They keep the temperature pretty dang cold at the pool hall which causes my hand to ache quite a bit at times due to nerve and tendon damage. I am not the only one who thinks its pretty cold there because several people bring sweaters and light jackets to wear when not shooting.

I started wearing a compression sleeve on my arm which helped some but still left my hand aching . i tried several gloves with not much luck until i started using a copperfit glove which helps a lot.

So....its highly likely that i did foul without realizing it . i have never played this guy before so i dont know if he was telling the truth or pulling a move. I do know from his fqcial expressions during the match he was " really " not liking being on the losing end but being the laid back guy i am i told him to take bih without any argument from me. He runs 4 balls and wins the match.

Just wondered what others would do in that situation

I did get revenge an houf later beating him 4-1 in 8 ball in a 4-4 race.

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was dwelling on an icindent that happened to me at league the other night. I was playing 9 ball vs a 5....i am a 6 in a 38-46 race with me going to 46.

I broke and ran a few balls and only needed 2 and my opponent needed 4. When i shot my next ball my opponent claimed i double hit the cue ball. I replied i did not feel the hit or see the cue ball move.

He was standing at the side of the table watching but out of my line of sight.

Before i go any further i guess i should explain the entire situation. Due to an injury in my shooting hand i cannot bend all my fingers around the cue and only have feeling in my thumb....index finger and partial in my middle finger and no feeling in 75 percent of my palm. They keep the temperature pretty dang cold at the pool hall which causes my hand to ache quite a bit at times due to nerve and tendon damage. I am not the only one who thinks its pretty cold there because several people bring sweaters and light jackets to wear when not shooting.

I started wearing a compression sleeve on my arm which helped some but still left my hand aching . i tried several gloves with not much luck until i started using a copperfit glove which helps a lot.

So....its highly likely that i did foul without realizing it . i have never played this guy before so i dont know if he was telling the truth or pulling a move. I do know from his fqcial expressions during the match he was " really " not liking being on the losing end but being the laid back guy i am i told him to take bih without any argument from me. He runs 4 balls and wins the match.

Just wondered what others would do in that situation

I did get revenge an houf later beating him 4-1 in 8 ball in a 4-4 race.

He hustled you. You’ve played enough of APA to know that the ruling will favor the shooter if no ref is called. No ref was called, you don’t need to give up ball in hand. You should also know that there are situations more prone to double hits. With your hand problems, shouldn’t you be more mindful of these potential situations? I would assume so.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
did the shot itself make a double hit likely?

Were the balls very close together or a double hit likely for another reason other than your issues?

I too suspect you were cheated just because there are people out there that will take advantage of any move to win. My opinion will flip if the other player turns out to be a well respected member of the forum but I have dealt with cheaters so often with little or nothing at stake that I accept that they are out there.

If the likelihood of a double hit was high for anyone I would probably give up the cue ball. If the likelihood was remote, I would tell the other guy to go pound sand!

Hu

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He hustled you. You’ve played enough of APA to know that the ruling will favor the shooter if no ref is called. No ref was called, you don’t need to give up ball in hand. You should also know that there are situations more prone to double hits. With your hand problems, shouldn’t you be more mindful of these potential situations? I would assume so.

Having played apa for 10 years and being a capatain for 9 years and have 1600 matches so far i am well aware of the call goes to the shooter rule. As a result of having made a few fouls over the yearz since my injury occured i try to be very careful when shooting.

I have seen instances where someone made an obvious foul and used the call goes to the shooter rule and i dont want to be suspected of being " that guy " . especially in an instance where i was not sure i made one or not. I have always called fouls on myself and people were not aware of it and asked why i was giving bih. There have been a few times where my cue slipped out of my hand when stroking .....very few.....but once is enough for me to take due caution when shooting.

I have never played this guy before so i have no idea what kind of morals he has but it was obvious that he really wanted to win that match.....too obvious .....so it made me question his call.

Like i said...i am laid back ....espacially on a regular league night where a win or loss does not mean much to me in the grand scheme of things....hwd it been playoffs or higher i dont know if i would have given bih so easily with the way he was acting.

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
I wouldn't stress on it too much. Live and learn and don't let yourself get called on that garbage again.

You might try some CBD cream on your hand. Of the success I have heard with that stuff it's been similar to what you're going through.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Were the balls very close together or a double hit likely for another reason other than your issues?

I too suspect you were cheated just because there are people out there that will take advantage of any move to win. My opinion will flip if the other player turns out to be a well respected member of the forum but I have dealt with cheaters so often with little or nothing at stake that I accept that they are out there.

If the likelihood of a double hit was high for anyone I would probably give up the cue ball. If the likelihood was remote, I would tell the other guy to go pound sand!

Hu

The object ball was at least 5 inches from the cue ball. During my psr i take 2 practice strokes and make contact with the cue ball on my 3 rd stroke. He claimed i made contact with the cue ball after my second stroke and continued to draw bwck and make contanct with my 3 rd and final stroke. I was jacked up slightly due to shooting over another ball.

I never felt touching the cue ball and never saw it move after my 2 nd stroke. He just seemed too anxious to win that match if you know what i mean and that is why i aort if had doubts about his call but also realizing its possible i may not feel a slight touch and he may have been correct. He just may be that way all the time.....dont know as i have never seen him play before .

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wouldn't stress on it too much. Live and learn and don't let yourself get called on that garbage again.

You might try some CBD cream on your hand. Of the success I have heard with that stuff it's been similar to what you're going through.

Believe me......i am not losing any sleep over it. Just curious what other people thought.

Thanks for the advice on cbd. Gonna try it.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The object ball was at least 5 inches from the cue ball. During my psr i take 2 practice strokes and make contact with the cue ball on my 3 rd stroke. He claimed i made contact with the cue ball after my second stroke and continued to draw bwck and make contanct with my 3 rd and final stroke. I was jacked up slightly due to shooting over another ball.

I never felt touching the cue ball and never saw it move after my 2 nd stroke. He just seemed too anxious to win that match if you know what i mean and that is why i aort if had doubts about his call but also realizing its possible i may not feel a slight touch and he may have been correct. He just may be that way all the time.....dont know as i have never seen him play before .

With this description I would think more than 1 person would have seen it. If I didn't feel it, didn't see it, and nobody else did either, I'd tell him to kick rocks.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Believe me......i am not losing any sleep over it. Just curious what other people thought.

Thanks for the advice on cbd. Gonna try it.

You could also try rubbing the inside of your lungs with smoke that contains THC.

Jack Justis

CASEMAKER
Silver Member
You did the right thing, taking into consideration your injury and the temperature.

You are the better man for doing it.

Just remember this when playing him again.

RRfireblade

Grammer Are For Stupids
Silver Member
I just would have said I disagree and asked if any one else saw it. If not I would have played on.

us820

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I give him BIH like you did and keep my perfect record of never arguing over a silly bar pool match intact.