MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
b236fe009c2445b82c51876cfb647c55.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The powers that be behind the sport of cornhole have the organizational and financial wherewithal to run a professional tour and get themselves on TV. Unlike pool.

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The powers that be behind the sport of cornhole have the organizational and financial wherewithal to run a professional tour and get themselves on TV. Unlike pool.
because, during halftime at college football games, the tv cameras go out to film tailgating festivities. Someone important on ESPN must’ve seen it and liked it.

rossaroni

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Pretty much this.

Pool has been on ESPN plenty of times. Must be a reason why they show cornhole rather then pool.....maybe something to do with ratings. :shrug:

The bocce ball, roller derby, arm wrestling, disc golf, polo, table tennis, etc. forums are probably all asking the same question. Everyone who is serious about their niche game/sport probably thinks their particular game is better then the rest. We all know pool is the best though! :)

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
Corn-hole-leo was on during league tonight. We were all looking at each other saying the same thing.

The good news is, there are plenty of indicators pool is on the upswing. From the news story out of DC stating Junior leagues have doubled in the last 2 years, to increasing populatity of streamed live events.

I was talking to DAppleton before the US Open a couple weeks ago. He said, in the UK, the Open would be on Network TV, and that it's making a comeback here as well... I think Matchroom is good for pool as well. They've proven themselves in snookerland.

Pool has its "stars". That's an important piece. The media just needs to tell their stories. People like having reasons to cheer for someone, whatever that may be. For example, I can really get sucked into the trials and tribulations of players during the NCAA basketball tournament. For me at least, their stories are a big part of the draw.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those F’ers are really good too. Of course I only watched it for ten minutes but I was surprised how damn good they are at putting that stupid little bean bag in the hole.

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seriously??? ESPN2....shaking my head.

We played 500$ a game in the parking lot / sidewalk at Griffs in Vegas while everyone else was inside having a watching party kissing Pro Pool Players butts ! Orcollo the only Pro that tried at it ! My boards so yall know how this story ends !

Last edited:

ghost ball

justnum survivor
Silver Member
I put a 50% deposit on some custom cornhole bags and still haven't received them.. it's been six months!

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yup, organization is key... I happened upon Premier League Darts on
TV.. Holy Crap, 10K people in an arena, two blokes shooting darts in
HD, multiple camera angles, very slick production, great graphics of
the score.

And we're lucky if we get a PPV live stream of an event... hmmmpf.

Now, where's my Cornabushka...