AzBilliards.com  
Register Blogs Classifieds FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
"Upside down" 760??
Old
  (#1)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Question "Upside down" 760?? - 11-26-2018, 07:06 AM

Place i play at recently re-covered the golf table with 760. I think the guy put it on upside down. Its too fuzzy and REALLLLY slow. Doesn't Simonis put a label that you can see with a blacklight on the play side? Also, can anything be done to speed it up? I've heard that lightly starching and a iron on low works pretty good. TIA for any input/ideas.

Old
  (#2)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

11-27-2018, 07:07 AM

Googled all of this and think i got it.

Last edited by garczar; 11-27-2018 at 07:45 AM.

Old
  (#3)
jtompilot
AzB Silver Member
jtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond reputejtompilot has a reputation beyond repute

11-27-2018, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
Place i play at recently re-covered the golf table with 760. I think the guy put it on upside down. Its too fuzzy and REALLLLY slow. Doesn't Simonis put a label that you can see with a blacklight on the play side? Also, can anything be done to speed it up? I've heard that lightly starching and a iron on low works pretty good. TIA for any input/ideas.
Many years ago the room in Medford Oregon would remove the old Simonis and flip it over and reuse it. It sure looked a little funny but played ok.

Old
  (#4)
SlateMate
AzB Silver Member
SlateMate has a reputation beyond reputeSlateMate has a reputation beyond reputeSlateMate has a reputation beyond reputeSlateMate has a reputation beyond reputeSlateMate has a reputation beyond reputeSlateMate has a reputation beyond reputeSlateMate has a reputation beyond reputeSlateMate has a reputation beyond reputeSlateMate has a reputation beyond reputeSlateMate has a reputation beyond reputeSlateMate has a reputation beyond repute

11-29-2018, 04:57 PM

yes, they have a "this side up" sticker that comes on the cloth.

the next time you are at that pool hall look underneath with a light and see if the down-side is smoother.

Last edited by SlateMate; 11-29-2018 at 05:02 PM.

Old
  (#5)
bradsh98
Bradshaw Billiard Service
bradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond repute

11-30-2018, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlateMate View Post
yes, they have a "this side up" sticker that comes on the cloth.

the next time you are at that pool hall look underneath with a light and see if the down-side is smoother.
Often times, this would not be possible. When I install cloth, I trim it flush to the bottom of the slate. There would not be any overhang for you to view the opposite side.

Geoff Bradshaw
Bradshaw Billiard Service

I play with a Hammond Custom Cue. You should too.

Old
  (#6)
SlateMate
AzB Silver Member
SlateMate has a reputation beyond reputeSlateMate has a reputation beyond reputeSlateMate has a reputation beyond reputeSlateMate has a reputation beyond reputeSlateMate has a reputation beyond reputeSlateMate has a reputation beyond reputeSlateMate has a reputation beyond reputeSlateMate has a reputation beyond reputeSlateMate has a reputation beyond reputeSlateMate has a reputation beyond reputeSlateMate has a reputation beyond repute

11-30-2018, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradsh98 View Post
When I install cloth, I trim it flush to the bottom of the slate. There would not be any overhang for you to view the opposite side.
upload a video to youtube before i install my cloth...

Old
  (#7)
fastone371
AzB Silver Member
fastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

12-05-2018, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradsh98 View Post
Often times, this would not be possible. When I install cloth, I trim it flush to the bottom of the slate. There would not be any overhang for you to view the opposite side.
I was going to ask how one sees the underside of the cloth when it is on the table?
Flip the table over???:rotflmao1 :

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: