Needing a glove with carbon cue shafts

Is a glove required for using a carbon cue shaft?

• Yes I use a glove.

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Yes I would buy a product that allowed a carbon cue shaft to be played without a glove?

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • No, I would not buy a product that makes a cue shaft smooth.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, the carbon cue shaft is smooth enough

Votes: 11 36.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How many people think that they need or feel that the carbon cue shaft is better when played with a glove?

Yes with a glove ?

Yes ,I would buy a product that allowed me to play without a glove.

No , I would not buy a product that would make the carbon cue shaft play smooth like using a glove.

No glove required, the carbon cue shafts are really smooth enough already.

Thanks in advance to all who respond. You can choose as many options as you like.
I am doing the poll as I have a new product for composite cue shafts, that will make the bridge area very smooth to the feel.
So much so, that a cue glove is not required.

Last edited:

pinkspider

Crap user name, I know.
Silver Member
voted. i play with a glove regardless, but know of people who abhor gloves and would appreciate such a product if it can make an already smooth shaft even smoother, myself included

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a CF shaft. I was amazed at how smooth it was. It was smoother than a brand new wood shaft on day one. I stopped using a glove altogether. Then it happened two or three times. I played in a very humid environment and the CF shaft felt just as bad as the stickiest wood. That’s with good upkeep with the alcohol wipes. I’m sure the problem was my own hands. After that, I’m back to always wearing a glove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How many people think that they need or feel that the carbon cue shaft is better when played with a glove?

Yes with a glove ?

Yes ,I would buy a product that allowed me to play without a glove.

No , I would not buy a product that would make the carbon cue shaft play smooth like using a glove.

No glove required, the carbon cue shafts are really smooth enough already.

Thanks in advance to all who respond. You can choose as many options as you like.
I am doing the poll as I have a new product for composite cue shafts, that will make the bridge area very smooth to the feel.
So much so, that a cue glove is not required.
The only one slick enough to go glove-less imo is the revo.

BrianaBrown13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have an issue with running warm anyways, and sweating hands. I went to using a glove while playing in a tournament in San Diego a few years ago. Never switched back even though I live in one of the more dryer climates there is I switched to using a Revo shaft about 3 weeks ago, maybe played a game or two without a glove. The shaft definitely is slippery after cleaning it and using a glove, the feel of it after clean, I could probably play without the glove for a while, but once my hands get a little wet, i'm sure it would get sticky. For cleaning it, I'm using lens cleaning pads from Kroger, a lot cheaper than getting the Predator wipes.

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is this product for composite only?

It is not for uncoated wood, like most wood shafts are. If the wood cue shaft has an epoxy or Automotive clear coat
on it, then yes it can be used.

This is to the cue equipment for sale with more info about the Cue Smooth.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=494102

Thank you very much for all those that have responded so far. Your input is appreciated.
Neil

Last edited:

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think I still use one because I have for like 25 years and it’s just habit.

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
we (my son and I) still use a glove with our carbon shaft some out of habit.... I tried without a glove and it was fine until later in the game... during practice strokes I could feel some grime/dirt, buildup, whatever you want to call it. simple wipe with microfiber resolves it but its very repetitive.

So now im back to using a glove.