High-end Ariel Carmeli - For sale or trade!

Otterman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
CUE TRADED 11/29/11

For sale or trade **TRADED** - This masterpiece of a cue by Ariel Carmeli is loaded with 84 ivory inlays. 8 points into an ebony forearm, 4 long ebony points with ivory "sconces" under ivory spears, each spear centered with abalone, 4 short highly-figured snakewood points between, all points set off with maple/black/maple veneers. Solid black Irish linen wrap, ebony butt with 56 ivory inlays, 48 of which are centered with abalone. Fancy rings at A,B,C,D & E, all with 8 ivory "star" inlays over double silver rings.

DSCF4929.jpg
DSCF4911.jpg
DSCF4907.jpg
DSCF4908.jpg
DSCF4928.jpg

Cue is 19 oz., has 3/8-10 stainless steel joint pin and comes with two 13.1mm shafts. As close to pristine condition as a used cue can get. No scratches or dents, used primarily on my home table and has only seen the inside of a pool hall a few times. I used OB shafts with this cue, so the original shafts have VERY little play on them. Both very smooth with no dings whatsoever. 1 shaft has the tiniest taper roll (maybe 1 mm), other shaft and butt are perfectly straight together or apart.

*TRADED* OBO, which is about half what this cue costs from Ariel. Cash offer is preferred, but I will entertain trades provided I'm trading down, and would prefer partial trade + cash.

Would like a cue with 6 or 8 veneered points into ebony or cocobolo in similar style to cues by Bryan Mordt, Coker, or mid-range cues from Carmeli or Gilbert (minimal inlays, well-executed points and veneers, dark linen or leather wrap, decorative silver rings). Would also consider: older Runde-era Schons; nice cases (2x4 hard cases from Justis, JB, Whitten, Flowers Tribute cases, etc., or leather butterfly case from Castillo, Murnak or similar); a simple playing cue in ebony or dark cocobolo with silver rings and 3/8-10 joint.

PM with any offers or questions. Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

Ty Arnold

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have shot with 4 or 5 different carmeli cues and they all had that sweet hit. And this is a very reasonable price for a carmeli with this much work. U should move this quick.

Otterman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0

Otterman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Updated original post with a bit more detail on trade cue(s) I'm looking for. Cash is still king, however!! Thanks to all who have expressed interest so far.

Otterman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Bump! No deal yet, but a lot of interest and AZ'ers are throwing down some sweet cues for trade!

Otterman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Bump! Very close to making a deal, so anyone genuinely interested in this cue should jump on it before it's gone!

Otterman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Bump....

I'd also consider trades for older Runde-era Schons and nice 2x4 hard cases or 3x6/4x8 butterfly cases (Justis, Whitten, JB, Flowers, Murnak, Castillo, etc., but no It's George).

mtglassguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
trade

I just posted a thread for a trade I have I am looking to trade 8 cues and shafts plus cases would love your cue. The name of the thread is feeler I will try and keep it on the front page. Take a look and let me know what you thing one of the cues is a Coker with 6 southwest style ebony points
Thanks
Terry