Alex Pagulayan going to UK to try pro snooker

Jpowell7575

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
61-34 It's all over now except the crying for Weston. Goof job Alex from coming back after being 3-1 down.

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How many matches must you win to qualify?
Brackets anywhere?
Is there a stream, or live scoring?

DangerousDave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good comeback from Alex, winning the last three frames! He won't keep getting this many chances each frame, hopefully when he runs into stronger opposition he can raise his game and start making some bigger breaks. He'll be relieved to have gotten through this match, though. Maybe that will spur him on!

DangerousDave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How many matches must you win to qualify?
Brackets anywhere?
Is there a stream, or live scoring?

Alex plays Oliver Brown next. I've never heard of him before, so that's a good sign. Alex has to win that match, then two more and he'll have earned his two-year professional tour card. It's gonna get a lot tougher in the next couple of rounds, but he's done all he had to do so far!

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Thank you for the play by play. Although we can follow the scoring it is more alive reading it here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Chesscat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
strong players

There are some strong players here. I remember Lee Walker's name from Daugavpils, Latvia, where he was eliminated in the semi's by the eventual winner Zhou.

http://esnooker.pl/turnieje/2013/ms/en/show_drabinka.php?id_t=23&size=96

And Lee Walker was whitewashed 4-0 by Craig Steadman.

http://livescores.worldsnookerdata.com/RoundList/Tournament/13609

This may be a qualifier, but it's sort of like those 9-ball qualifiers they sometimes hold to fill in some byes right before a world championship, say in the Philippines, with a super-strong field.

If Alex gets past Oliver Brown he will face the winner of Sean O'Sullivan and Jamie Rhys Clarke.

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I wonder how Alex feels playing in an event where he is not one of the favorites? I wonder if it feels good to really have to fight so hard for a spot.

I suspect it does.

plague

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Check cuetracker.net for very complete stats on snooker players, Ollie Brown also in there

gordml

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
alex playing Oliver Brown now

First frame Alex up 48-28.
You guys who dont have internet access - want me to post the score?

Magog30

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rhys Clark has already put up 3 centuries this tournament. 2 of them in the 130's. He is a young gun around 19,20 who got smoked by O'Sullivan at the UK Championship 1st round last year.