Alex P playing snooker

mel_smOg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since we have ridiculous amount of discussion about pool and snooker lately on az and how people from each sport will perform in another, I am posting this.

Alex is chilling in canada and playing a lot of snooker, It was pretty cool to watch his game last night although I have not a seen a break higher than 40-50 in 3 games from him I watched between my matches

People around me were talking how he ran a perfect game gambling with someone after a scratch of opponent not long ago, which is a great achievement in my opinion for pool player.

His shot making was good, he made a lot of long and mid shots, positioning around the black and pink is ok, but def not perfect. Did not watch his games after first 3 he played, maybe he got in stroke

I hope he does not mind this post haha

095.jpg

094.jpg

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think I recall Alex got in a snooker tournament about 7 or 8 years ago.

Heck, he's got every other title in pocket billiards.

He might as well go for a snooker one. Snookers seems to have higher payouts than the other pocket billiard tournaments.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I lessened the size of your photos, so that others may enjoy it on a smaller monitor.

When photos at that large, they can sometimes be difficult to see without scrolling from east to west,
unless you're viewing it on a TV screen or a huge monitor.

Thanks for sharing the photos of Alex.

Cool beans that he's still competing and stepped away from the poker table. :smile:

Attachments

• 094.jpg
    094.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 912
  • 095.jpg
    095.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 909

mel_smOg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for resized picture JAM

He was playing with his friend some cheap sets, even points. I imagine he is getting ready for Canadian snooker championship he won 2 years ago

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
cool photos! probably starting to train again for this year's major pool events - maybe polishing his pocketing skills on a snooker table.

i wonder what kind of cue he's using. doesnt look like the regular sneaky-pete type snooker cue.

Last edited:

mel_smOg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is simple 2 piece sneaky pete. Oil finish, hoppe ring, no bumper
No idea who made it

mel_smOg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shooters in toronto. Dvp and lawrence. He was there only monday night shooting pool balls and practicing snooker in the morning

bsmutz

Fearlessly Happy
Silver Member
I'd give my left nut for a snooker club like that within 100 miles of where I live. I've only seen one napped cloth table in my life and they were using it for keeping track of the brackets for a pool tournament the one time I was able to work out some time to spend there. I love, love, love me some 12' snooker. Good to see Alex playing snooker!

Pryme

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shooters in toronto. Dvp and lawrence. He was there only monday night shooting pool balls and practicing snooker in the morning

ahh i see, nice!..I live on Lawrence Rd but way more east towards morningside, ive got two decent 10x5 american snooker tables where I just moved in, havent been to shooters in ages!

mel_smOg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ahh i see, nice!..I live on Lawrence Rd but way more east towards morningside, ive got two decent 10x5 american snooker tables where I just moved in, havent been to shooters in ages!

I am coming there from oakville, for monday and wednesday tournaments, you are much closer and should come by!!

Pryme

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am coming there from oakville, for monday and wednesday tournaments, you are much closer and should come by!!

oh wow oakville, I have been wanting to drop by for a while now, couple friends and I would go to shooters and Le Spot ( another nice pool hall in scarborough) but just to hang out and shoot some balls, but recently i have been more into pool so I mainly play on the tables at my condo, but thats good to know when the tournament nights are, ill have to drop by monday, what time?

mel_smOg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
8pm both minday and wednesday. 9 ball- one night spotting balls, second- race to your handicap . This monday was great turn around of 23 people. But on wednesday with all this rain only 12. Good thing I played good both nights and got into money

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
It is simple 2 piece sneaky pete. Oil finish, hoppe ring, no bumper
No idea who made it

The butt came from the Meucci sneaky-pete that Chris Wood used to win
the 1992 Canadian 9-ball championship.
The shaft was made by Paul Mottey, one of only two he ever made (pretty sure).....early 90s

Ii was fitted and customized by Harry Chaggaris...a world-class cue repairman.

How do I know this?
I drink oolong....and read the leaves

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alex 'The Lionheart' Pagulayan

Thanks for resized picture JAM

He was playing with his friend some cheap sets, even points. I imagine he is getting ready for Canadian snooker championship he won 2 years ago

I sat back here in Scotland watching the Canadian tournament's at the time and Alex sure knows how to play Snooker !

Alex Pagulayan is one of my favourite players in the world of cueball games & I call him The Lionheart as he never knows when he's beat & gives it his all !

He's a superb player at every cueball game I've seen him play ! :cool::wink::grin:

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Clash Of The Titans !

Few years back I took in this tournament & it was fantastic.

Alex 'The Lionheart' Pagulayan played superb & was a great laugh behind the microphone.

The Clash Of The Titans T-Shirt & signed cue-ball was avaliable for £30 odds & I had such a great time watching the gig , I bought into it hoping that the cash helped to promote the gig for the next time !

Thing is a summer here in Scotland can last but a day so the T-Shirt is in the wardrobe yet to be worn & the signed cue-ball ? That my friends sits in the living room cabinet , pride of place ! :wink::D:thumbup:

Scaramouche

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I attended the last two days of the 2011 Canadian Championships.
Alex was playing in all four tournaments:
Snooker
8-Ball
9-Ball
10-Ball
Where but in Canada do you see that combination? :D

Alex was playing almost continuously, but he still was interacting with the crowd.
A crowd made up of cheap S.O.B.s like me - no admission charge -just pay for your booze and food.
Bargain entertainment, thanks to Alex. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: