Raising the Hustler

BassMasterK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I found this thread while doing a search on something else and figured I would chime in, in case the OP is still interested. I have following this movie's facebook account for years. It has been a while now with no real news and I am pulling this from memory but from what I remember the film had tried crowdfunding to source some extra income to complete the film but it fell short. From what I remember the director had plugged a lot of her own money into it and couldn't keep doing it as an exclusively self funded project. I tried to find the post where she shared what was happening with it, but I couldn't find it quickly and didn't have time to comb over every post on her FB account. I believe that the film may still be completed at some time in the future, but I haven't seen any news recently regarding it.

There was a trailer made for it, but I believe that was just to generate interest. That isn't uncommon with indie film makers who are trying to generate interest. I have been following this guy who is looking to make a film titled "Ride the 9". The trailer actually looked pretty cool. Well, fast forward at least 5 years later, heck at this point it might be close to 10 and he still has no movie. I think it is very hard to make a quality indie movie without a decent chunk of cash up front. There are exceptions of course, but by and large I would guess that is the norm.

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member
I found this thread while doing a search on something else and figured I would chime in, in case the OP is still interested. I have following this movie's facebook account for years. It has been a while now with no real news and I am pulling this from memory but from what I remember the film had tried crowdfunding to source some extra income to complete the film but it fell short. From what I remember the director had plugged a lot of her own money into it and couldn't keep doing it as an exclusively self funded project. I tried to find the post where she shared what was happening with it, but I couldn't find it quickly and didn't have time to comb over every post on her FB account. I believe that the film may still be completed at some time in the future, but I haven't seen any news recently regarding it.

There was a trailer made for it, but I believe that was just to generate interest. That isn't uncommon with indie film makers who are trying to generate interest. I have been following this guy who is looking to make a film titled "Ride the 9". The trailer actually looked pretty cool. Well, fast forward at least 5 years later, heck at this point it might be close to 10 and he still has no movie. I think it is very hard to make a quality indie movie without a decent chunk of cash up front. There are exceptions of course, but by and large I would guess that is the norm.

Just watched that trailer for the first time. Looks infinitely more interesting than Raising the Hustler. Says 2011 on YouTube so yeah, its probably dunzo.
Seems like it represents the true life of a road agent lol.

BassMasterK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just watched that trailer for the first time. Looks infinitely more interesting than Raising the Hustler. Says 2011 on YouTube so yeah, its probably dunzo.
Seems like it represents the true life of a road agent lol.

Ya I thought the trailer for Ride the 9 looked very solid. I keep seeing little announcements or articles that make it sound like it is coming but on the creator never makes any positive announcement on his FB page. Just says he is still trying to raise funds. At this point I figure the actors may not even be around or at a minimum are 8 years older and may not fit the parts anymore. It is too bad.