places to play in Taiwan

McChen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone know of any good places to play in Taiwan? Also any good places to buy cues and pool stuff? I'm in the Taichung area, but will also be in Taipei for a bit. Thanks!

hkwong

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No.11, Zunsian St., North District, Taichung City 40444, right next door on the 4th floor i believe. its next to a government building

McChen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well i went to taichung one that is at Zūnxián St, Bei District, Taichung City, Taiwan.

I wouldn't really recommend this place. If you go before 10pm, the place is mainly full of high school kids. After 10pm, you have to be over 18 and the place clears out a lot. The tables are in pretty horrid condition, very old cloth, dead rails and not very leveled. The pocket sizes were really different from table to table. Many the corner pockets were less than 4", then they had some more normal 4.5"+ ones. The balls are pretty good, aramiths and fairly clean. They had gloves and plenty of chalk and the house cues were pretty good relative to most american standards (2 piece, steel jointed, linen wraps with layered tips). They charge by the minutes, it's about $4 an hour in US dollars. There were only about 2 halfway decent players there, the rest were just high schoolers or younger people out for some fun. I noticed that almost everyone there was playing straight pool, that seems to be the standard "play for fun" game, much like bar 8 ball is in america.

Anyone have any other suggestions for Taichung?

I'm going to check out Simon Club in Taipei, but I won't be going there for a few weeks.

McChen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yeah i'll check out simon's place when i make a trip to taipei....was hoping to find a decent place nearby in taichung which is where i'm staying for most of my trip.