FS Verl Horn "Balabushka" style Tribute/Copy

Oscargambles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Up for sale is an original Verl Horn Balabushka style copy. These cues were sold as Balabushkas years back and are made almost to the exact specs as a real "Bushka".

Verl Horn is known to have made some of the best copies ever. Verl Horn passed away in 1999 and was inducted to the International Cue Makers Hall of fame in 2008. This is a piece of history from a hall of fame cue maker.

The cue was refinished before I acquired it by Scot at Proficient billiards I am told and one of the ferrules was redone by Murray Tucker.

It is about 57 1/2" long and weighs about 20.2-20.4 oz depending on the shaft.

The joint is a stainless steel 5/16x14 with piloted shafts

The forearm is an ebony 4 point into Birdseye maple with natural, green, red, and black veneers. The butt has 4 notched mother of pearl diamonds into ebony with a "milk white" delrin buttcap. The bumper is the original and I will also include a new Brunswick Ku bumper if you want to replace it. (There is a bit a masking tape that can be seen on the original bumper from underneath).

The condition of this cue is excellent, the butt is as straight as an arrow but both shafts have a little roll to them as they are probably 30+ years old. (this cue has been my player for the past few months and I never had any issues). There is one small ding in the forearm and one small scrape in the buttcap. (It maybe able to be buffed out, it's from the zipper on my case) both are very hard to notice and can't really be seen as much as felt.

I am asking SOLD shipped USPS Priority to the continental U.S. I will take Paypal or a check or Money order. Personal checks must clear before I ship. Satisfaction is Guaranteed less shipping. If there is anything I left out or you have questions just pm me and I will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks for looking - Frank

Pics to follow...

Last edited:

Oscargambles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Here are the Pics...

php9PoNUtPM.jpg

phpgte7s5PM.jpg

phpWayxFsPM.jpg

phpkvHLctPM.jpg

mhilton777

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
This is as good as it gets for a classic styled cue at a great price. Frank purchased this cue from me last year and he is correct that Murray had replaced one of the Ivory ferrules for me as the original had a crack in it. The cue is stunning and plays like a true classic. You will not be disappointed if you buy this cue.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
421   0   0
what a beauty
it reminds me of Verl,who was a close friend

he made a few of these and it sure is nice

sharpq

What's a "Taper Roll" ???
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Is it possible to unscrew the weight bolt and lighten it up or is there a secondary deep inside?

Thanks, Todd

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 97.9%
140   3   0
Holy Balabushka

The last one that was here passed for a Balabushka. A couple times. Played great too. Hated to tell the owner it wasn't George's work.
Nick :)

Oscargambles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
All pms replied to so far, I'm not interested in trades at this time and Sharpq I thought I sent you a pm two nights ago explaining that I have no idea how the weight bolt is placed and that I would take off bunper and send pics. (I had alot of pms maybe I sent it to the wrong person). I have a guy locally who may come check it out on Saturday but for now it's still for sale.
-Frank

Last edited:

sharpq

What's a "Taper Roll" ???
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
All pms replied to so far, I'm not interested in trades at this time and Sharpq I thought I sent you a pm two nights ago explaining that I have no idea how the weight bolt is placed and that I would take off bunper and send pics. (I had alot of pms maybe I sent it to the wrong person). I have a guy locally who may come check it out on Saturday but for now it's still for sale.
-Frank

Thanks Frank, I see I received your pm on the 23rd, must have missed it. Please post what you find out on the weight bolt, it might sway others on the fence along with me! :)

Todd

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 97.9%
140   3   0
There is usually a weight bolt

Same set up as George. Usually on the light side. Verl used differant materials than George used on his Bushka tributes. Probably on purpoese.
It is that good a copy.
Nick :)