Balabushka-copy question...??

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've always thought that the signed 'bushka copies were now all made in China/Taiwan. I recently saw some signed versions sold in Europe that had the thicker joint-rings and are being sold as ADAM-Japan cues. I didn't think ADAM-Japan had anything to do with these anymore.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've always thought that the signed 'bushka copies were now all made in China/Taiwan. I recently saw some signed versions sold in Europe that had the thicker joint-rings and are being sold as ADAM-Japan cues. I didn't think ADAM-Japan had anything to do with these anymore.
Well, got an answer. Apparently the current 'bushka copies ARE made in China/Taiwan. Most likely at the Universal/Hamson factory. ADAM still makes their higher-end stuff in Japan. I used to have one of the Japan-built HOF cues and it was one nice cue. A buddy just got one of the new ones and its ok but nothing like the older ones.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So which current manufacture cues are Japan made?
That's info that's hard to get. They don't list an email address and no way to msg. on FB. From what i've found only the really hi-end Musashi cues are made at the Sayama plant outside of Tokyo. They've had a long working relationship with Tai-can/Universal and almost all their cues are made by them.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Adam is the company. The source of manufacture is another matter.

In the US we have laws and regulations about how products are labeled regarding their manufacture, I expect those laws vary around the world though.

I have seen you after this topic for a while now. Why does it matter to you so much? Just curious.

For a while now we have differentiated these cues based on the thickness of the metal rings, but I have never thought that was absolute. Too easy to change materials like that. Simple really. Just order a batch of thicker rings, or make them.

What are you hoping to find?

I think they have always been overpriced new and used because of the name. I wouldn't mind having one, but even used GB cues from people that don't know cues are overpriced because they look up the name. If I find one cheap I'll buy it, but I am talking half or less than the going rate. Maybe a third or less.

Are you hoping to find a new one made in Japan?

CGM

It'd be a lot cooler if you did.
Silver Member
I just got a Bushka copy Adam Im pretty sure is from china. Its not great. Save your money or you will regret it.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Adam is the company. The source of manufacture is another matter.

In the US we have laws and regulations about how products are labeled regarding their manufacture, I expect those laws vary around the world though.

I have seen you after this topic for a while now. Why does it matter to you so much? Just curious.

For a while now we have differentiated these cues based on the thickness of the metal rings, but I have never thought that was absolute. Too easy to change materials like that. Simple really. Just order a batch of thicker rings, or make them.

What are you hoping to find?

I think they have always been overpriced new and used because of the name. I wouldn't mind having one, but even used GB cues from people that don't know cues are overpriced because they look up the name. If I find one cheap I'll buy it, but I am talking half or less than the going rate. Maybe a third or less.

Are you hoping to find a new one made in Japan?

I have my reasons, that's all.