Has anyone tried Piku Break Tips?

radge69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just installed one this weekend. Breaks and jumps good, seems to hold chalk well. I broke around 20 racks with it yesterday and don't have anything complaints. The shaft I put it on had a Samsara prior and this hits harder, but not the control of the Samsara. Not the hard hit of phenolic, but still hits the rack with plenty of power.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

https://pikubreaktips.com/

In short: they offer a little better control but, at a cost of energy transfer.

I dont mind giving up a little power with 9 ball but with 10 ball...well, I like my break speeds between 23 and 26.

I can't get past 23 with the piku break tip so, its only ok for me with 9 ball.

As for jumping, I'm not a fan of piku. ESPECIALLY if the jump is short. If you have to get the CB up fast, well, the piku.....to me.... is a very poor Choice.

I like very hard leather for breaking and jumping.

Bottom line:

If you have control issues, the piku may help but, it will cost you some power. Then again, speed should be second to control because it does no good to crush the rack if you dont know where the 1 ball and CB are gonna be after the break.

jimmy91988

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got the tip installed. It looks really nice. Overall it's decent. Holds chalk and you can actually play with it. It doesn't feel as hard as phenolic or a Samsara but still breaks well. Unfortunately I had a miscue with the tip and it deformed. I'll post pics tomorrow. Overall I would say I wouldn't recommend. A tip should be able to miscue without deformation especially on the break where miscues happen most.

Thanks

Last edited:

J$Cincy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yeah.... I had a friend who tried one. Same thing happened when he jumped a ball.... cued it a little too low and it left a permanent little clip into the tip where the ferrule compressed into it. They are pretty cool looking but ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

https://pikubreaktips.com/

I want to preface this by saying that I’ve never seen one of these tips up close. But from the pictures they look like acrylic. I would expect it to be a high impact acrylic, like Implex.

If you miscue, I would expect heat deflection temperatures to potentially deform the plastic.

Freddie

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I want to preface this by saying that I’ve never seen one of these tips up close. But from the pictures they look like acrylic. I would expect it to be a high impact acrylic, like Implex.

If you miscue, I would expect heat deflection temperatures to potentially deform the plastic.

Freddie
I forgot I posted this. I have since got these in my hands, and I put them on an FTIR machine to make a materials analysis. In my hands, I would have bet they were Polycarbonate, and I was correct. There might be something else blended in there, but the signature was 99% identical to some other material in our library.

Same conversation as before: heat deflection will and does deform this tip on miscues and rubbing on the cloth.