Caveat Emptor

Kaydon

Registered
Good call GB. Was looking at this myself and noticed the same thing. Looks like this pos is still up to his old tricks.

Rybord

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
See all feedback

Says 100% positive feedback but there's this

Screenshot_2016-06-05-11-38-20.jpg

William

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Says 100% positive feedback but there's this

View attachment 424763

The percentage only goes back so far. Also, if they settle a dispute, you can no longer leave feedback. I have been reimbursed by eBay for a bad wood purchase, and the sellers still have perfect feedback. The worst is the representative at eBay said this was not the sellers first complaint.

cueenvy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Somebody buy this and chargeback his broke ass....he deserves to get screwed. What a dirtbag.

He won't be shipping anyway...maybe a box of rocks.

vacation

Living Good.
Silver Member
Same guy who's been selling in both this, and the "For Sale" thread? Multiple user names, obviously pictures from the same camera, etc.

JC

Coos Cues
I was informed by someone claiming to be his friend "Jimmy" a couple of weeks ago when I sent an E mail reminding him he still owed me money that Ol' Jeffrey was dying of cancer and had less than 30 days left. Jeff told me a week before that he was going to send me a cue worth what he owed me but since I unfairly badmouthed him here that now I can go **** myself.

Jimmy must be helping him liquidate his stuff before he kicks. Such a good friend!! :rotflmao1:

Watch the obits but like my grandpa told me, if something sounds too good to be true it's probably not.

JC

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
Somebody buy this and chargeback his broke ass....he deserves to get screwed. What a dirtbag.

He won't be shipping anyway...maybe a box of rocks.

Great thought but not very workable. You buy it, you pay for it and the account will be closed before you can call on it. If you do not pay you will be holding the bag both money and reputation wise.

I like to throw my real name on everything as I believe how you handle things gives you a good or bad reputation and your reputation is the most valuable thing you have.

Some, or a lot on this forum like to use a knick name which is great as in short time everyone knows who you are or has a mutual friend that will vouch 100% on you.

The ones that are most effected are new people or newer people that do not know of the scammers such as someone like Gary was kind enough to point out.

This is not an AZB, Ebay or paypal issue. As long as money floats anyplace on the WWW you are going to have it. If unsure, don't buy. You might miss out on a couple of sweet deals but it won't hurt you as bad as a sour deal.

cueenvy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was informed by someone claiming to be his friend "Jimmy" a couple of weeks ago when I sent an E mail reminding him he still owed me money that Ol' Jeffrey was dying of cancer and had less than 30 days left. Jeff told me a week before that he was going to send me a cue worth what he owed me but since I unfairly badmouthed him here that now I can go **** myself.

Jimmy must be helping him liquidate his stuff before he kicks. Such a good friend!! :rotflmao1:

Watch the obits but like my grandpa told me, if something sounds too good to be true it's probably not.

JC

So some guy tells you the guy who owes you money has terminal cancer, the guy you didn't prosecute, and you believe it???

Well I saw Forney a few months ago and he looked pretty healthy to me. So I'd say you are getting suckered again pal.

JC

Coos Cues
So some guy tells you the guy who owes you money has terminal cancer, the guy you didn't prosecute, and you believe it???

Well I saw Forney a few months ago and he looked pretty healthy to me. So I'd say you are getting suckered again pal.

I am not getting suckered. That only happened once.

I just wrote to tell him I was done ****ing myself and that didn't seem to square the score, even though it wasn't completely a waste of time and a check was still the answer.

That's when Jimmy told me he had no idea what that was all about but he's just there changing Jeffrey's diapers and waiting for the end.

Hey Forney since I know you're reading this maybe you should send that money before you go talk to St. Peter:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

BTW I did prosecute him. That's how I got most of my money back. Until you've been there you have no idea how limited your legal options are in a case like this. People just throw out there "press charges" but it just aint that easy or this shit bag would be out of the scamming business a long time ago. I was just lucky a sympathetic sheriff was willing to help me because the law isn't on the side of the victims in such a way to make guys like him stop. It's really a joke is what it is.

JC

Last edited:

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
What sucks is that selection of tooling would actually be a nice find,as well as a capable machine probably. Tommy D.

Guerra Cues

I build one cue at a time
Silver Member
Guys,

I work for eBay and I know a few people in the fraud department.
Let me know if you guys need my help in alerting the folks at eBay about these events.

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member
Guys,

I work for eBay and I know a few people in the fraud department.
Let me know if you guys need my help in alerting the folks at eBay about these events.

Might be nice if you bring your formidable resources to bear in the best interest of everyone, regardless...

wreiman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So for shits and giggles, I decided to buy the damn thing. Can always uses a good setup when things get backed up in the shop. In any event..... I paid for it.... then in less than an hour I got a refund ???? with no explanation.

Pool Cue repair lathe

Item Id: 201597633828
Estimated delivery: Mon. Jun. 13
Quantity: 1
Paid: $1,480.00 with Credit card

----------------------
Jeffrey A. Forney Sr. just sent you a full refund of $1,480.00 USD for your purchase.

If you have any questions about this refund, please contact Jeffrey A. Forney Sr..

This refund will appear on your credit card statement as credit from PAYPAL *REMMACS. If you have any questions, please contact Jeffrey A. Forney Sr..
Seller
Jeffrey A. Forney Sr.
rem_macs@aol.com
Note from seller
None provided

Original transaction details
Description Unit price Qty Amount
Pool Cue repair lathe
Item #: 201597633828
$1,400.00 USD 1 $1,400.00

WOW

GBCues

Damn, still .002 TIR!
Gold Member
Silver Member
So for shits and giggles, I decided to buy the damn thing. Can always uses a good setup when things get backed up in the shop. In any event..... I paid for it.... then in less than an hour I got a refund ???? with no explanation.

Pool Cue repair lathe

Item Id: 201597633828
Estimated delivery: Mon. Jun. 13
Quantity: 1
Paid: $1,480.00 with Credit card

----------------------
Jeffrey A. Forney Sr. just sent you a full refund of $1,480.00 USD for your purchase.

If you have any questions about this refund, please contact Jeffrey A. Forney Sr..

This refund will appear on your credit card statement as credit from PAYPAL *REMMACS. If you have any questions, please contact Jeffrey A. Forney Sr..
Seller
Jeffrey A. Forney Sr.
rem_macs@aol.com
Note from seller
None provided

Original transaction details
Description Unit price Qty Amount
Pool Cue repair lathe
Item #: 201597633828
$1,400.00 USD 1 $1,400.00

WOW
Wow is correct! First of all, you got your refund. :thumbup:
Secondly, all the recent speculation about who "rem_macs" really is and this eBay seller was outed as being Jeff Forney Sr.
Gary

wreiman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I figured that I could go the route of the refund guarantee if it came to that. But as I'm rebuilding my shop, it would have been nice to have. But yes I did get a refund..... still waiting on his answer back. I'll post it when I get it.

wreiman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The end of the SAGA is this sorry excuse.

New message from: demoman1714 (27Yellow Star)
Yes PayPal placed a hold on the money. I do not ship if there s a hold on the funds. I ve been burnt to much when they do that. To easy for buyer to say they didn t get something or condition wasn t right. Hope you understand
Thanks

I told him that because he did not have a reliable track record of selling stuff on EBAY, that they would continue to hold funds until he established a better track record. You have to take the chance when you are new to the selling game on ebay..

JC

Coos Cues
Wow is correct! First of all, you got your refund. :thumbup:
Secondly, all the recent speculation about who "rem_macs" really is and this eBay seller was outed as being Jeff Forney Sr.
Gary

Two birds with one stone. Someone please inform the moderators who Rem_Macs is and get the latest identity banned. Can't they ban his IP for god sakes? He's like herpes.

JC