My 7 Year old at FeltBar in Colorado with Samm

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My son who started playing 6 weeks ago is hooked!! 20+ hours each weekend at Felt Bar here in Englewood Colorado. Just got his first official coaching/lesson yesterday and it was an awesome experience for him.

The patience and enthusiasm....the passion displayed by Samm was great to see, everything she went over (just a few things to not overload a young mind) made sense to me as well, wish someone had told me this years ago haha.

Big thank you to the staff and management at Felt, the experience and kindness they show my son keeps us going all the way across town to them even though there are several other places we could stop by that are closer.

Samm..... an amazing instructor with my son, I cannot say enough just based off our first training and coaching by her.

Additional pic from the night before of my son playing in the adult tournament, he has a blast and will not let us go home until he plays in it each week.

https://youtu.be/lzUBhgH58iM

Attachments

• 20170709_154852.jpg
    20170709_154852.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 892
  • 20170709_160715.jpg
    20170709_160715.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 866
  • 20170707_201024.jpg
    20170707_201024.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 870
Last edited:

HomeBrewer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Holy cr@p that's awesome!

I'm trying to get my kids to start playing often and although they're under 5 and do enjoy sliding them around the carom table with their hands, I'd be over the moon if they had this level of enthusiasm in the next couple years.

TILT9

Banned
oh yeah, and checking out samm's cue, just look at those segmented handles :)

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 683

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks everyone...

Samm had some extremely good things to say about my son out of the norm so there are a couple of things already in the works. Will be pretty exciting in the next few weeks. Was at her home today with my son for a few minutes to meet another student and to let him play a couple of games.

Can't say enough about her dedication and enthusiasm to the sport.

Last edited:

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yes, Samm's one the good ones. Thanks for sharing and congrats to your son.

Dave

My son who started playing 6 weeks ago is hooked!! 20+ hours each weekend at Felt Bar here in Englewood Colorado. Just got his first official coaching/lesson yesterday and it was an awesome experience for him.

The patience and enthusiasm....the passion displayed by Samm was great to see, everything she went over (just a few things to not overload a young mind) made sense to me as well, wish someone had told me this years ago haha.

Big thank you to the staff and management at Felt, the experience and kindness they show my son keeps us going all the way across town to them even though there are several other places we could stop by that are closer.

Samm..... an amazing instructor with my son, I cannot say enough just based off our first training and coaching by her.

Additional pic from the night before of my son playing in the adult tournament, he has a blast and will not let us go home until he plays in it each week.

That is really cool that your son loves the game of pool, and at such a young age (I think that is amazing). I did not start getting really serious about the game until I was around 14. That pool room looks really nice. Looks like a really fun place to shoot at. Lots of players there.

Yes, Samm's one the good ones. Thanks for sharing and congrats to your son.

Dave

That is Samm Diep? I think I want to move to CO now (if that is where she plays regularly), lol. Love her. She has such a great personality. Would love to shoot some with her.

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes this is here in Denver Colorado. Pool scene here is definitely going well here. FELT Bar has tournaments and leagues each day or night sometimes multiple in a day.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
My son who started playing 6 weeks ago is hooked!!
That's great you are sharing your passion with your son!

The patience and enthusiasm....the passion displayed by Samm was great to see
Samm is good with people of all ages. Her enthusiasm and passion for the sport are refreshing and contagious. I know this from firsthand experience because Samm and I teach our BU Summer School Boot Camps together every year.

I wish you and your son continued good luck with the game,
Dave

Last edited:

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched this little boy play in the Juniors tournament.
Last Saturday at Felt he was on a table behind me and I watched him a little bit.
There is no funny business with this kid, he is serious about playing.
Cutest kid you may ever see on a pool table.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And for those of you that have never been to Felt you are seeing about a third of the entire room in these photos.
I think there are 12 or 14 Diamond bar boxes.
5 Gold Crowns and 6 Diamonds all 9 footers.
And 1 5x10 snooker table.

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the supportive words regarding my son. He is never wanting to leave. One time he told me to nap on the chair when I complained I was so tired haha.

Yes this is here in Denver Colorado. Pool scene here is definitely going well here. FELT Bar has tournaments and leagues each day or night sometimes multiple in a day.

That sounds awesome. You know you live in a very good area for pool when there is a strong and active Junior pool league going on. I bet the pool scene was very strong in the 90's too, in the Denver area. I wish I could have grew up in that area.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice, hope you two have lots of playing ahead of you. I spend 3-4 days a week with my son playing, I think he has played pool at least once a week since he was 8, which makes it 9 years now Great way to spend time with kids, it's about the only time I see him leave his room is when we go to a tournament or league or for some practice LOL

Samm works with the BEF and the organization now has sanctioned state junior tournaments across the country, which lead to the Junior Nationals which is a qualifier for Junior Worlds. With a bit more practice the way he looks to be aiming on the shots he can be a top 10 player in juniors in no time.

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
I spend 3-4 days a week with my son playing, I think he has played pool at least once a week since he was 8, which makes it 9 years now Great way to spend time with kids, it's about the only time I see him leave his room is when we go to a tournament or league or for some practice LOL

Samm works with the BEF and the organization now has sanctioned state junior tournaments across the country, which lead to the Junior Nationals which is a qualifier for Junior Worlds.
With a bit more practice the way he looks to be aiming on the shots he can be a top 10 player in juniors in no time.
OMG!
Children in a Billiards Eatablishment!
What has Pool come to?

The next thing you know Pool Rooms will be...
Providing Free Lessons on Saturday Mornings to youth's.
Giving Half-rate table time to Adults when accompanied by a Child.
Maybe even giving Free table time based on a child's report card?
The shame of it all.

This is a slippery slope my friends!
The next thing you know Pool room owners will be.....
Giving Free lessons to all beginners.
Listing on Meetup.com for social Players to come play on a slow Tuesday/Wednesday night.
Providing "Frequent Shooters" cards to reward patrons who come back to play.

They might even invest in some publicity stunt like setting up a pool table in a local mall and having a Showman do some Trick Shots to expose Billiards to the Masses.
Something like "Dr. Billiards Traveling Trick Shot Show" featuring Venom.
They would be giving away some inexpensive cue and case sets. Free table time cards could also be drawn as prizes.
People signup giving their e-mail address so that owners could use the info as a contact list for future promotions.

What is happening to Pool?

Attachments

• IMG_0305.JPG
    IMG_0305.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_1202.jpg
    IMG_1202.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_1123.JPG
    IMG_1123.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_1115.JPG