just a suggestion?

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it asking too much for sellers to put prices in the title? I know some sellers have multiple items for sale, so maybe even a price range in either the title or the first line or two in their ad so when hovering over different ads, you can see the prices.

Just asking since most of the items I see are way too much for my budget, I literally when browsing cues, have to go through 2 pages to even view 2-3 cues that are obtainable to me.

Would just be much easier browsing, if prices were posted. If it's asking too much to post prices in titles, no biggie, just a suggestion.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
I noticed once an item is sold, the price is almost always deleted. This makes it difficult for the uneducated to guage the market, but I assume it is done as a matter of discretion.

Perhaps titles cannot be edited?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Titles can't be edited...

I don't think price in title is a good idea.

It is a couple extra clicks to find a price within a listing.

Back when I was young, we had to walk uphill both ways in the rain when it snowed to buy a cue.

What's next, dammit? Mocrowave take too long to make yer shit hot?

(Poop does not belong in microwaves)

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah I'm not requesting current titles being edited, but moving forward, would be much more convenient putting prices in titles.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah I'm not requesting current titles being edited, but moving forward, would be much more convenient putting prices in titles.

Sellers and buyers like the ability to delete pricing.

Adding pricing to titles would eliminate that ability.

I can't support your thought that the whole system should change because you would prefer to not make an extra click.

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Most sellers do put a price on their items (at least the good ones) unless it's a really higher end cue Searing, Szamboti etcetera.
For the most part you should have a ball park of what cue is going to run by the marker, so you should no whether it's in ur price range or not before even opening the thread.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Many will not want to because they want to delete the price after the sale.

It is often considered a courtesy to the buyer.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I noticed once an item is sold, the price is almost always deleted. This makes it difficult for the uneducated to guage the market, but I assume it is done as a matter of discretion.

Perhaps titles cannot be edited?

Titles cannot be edited, and people most often want to delete the price after the sale.

You are right, it does make it difficult to follow the market.

Ebay completed listings are one place to look at selling prices, as well as a number of dealers that frequent AZB and have a web site where they post cues for sale.

I will say this, it never hurts to ask. If you are sincerely curious you can PM and ask. Be polite. Don't be upset if they don't want to say. And don't just go around asking everybody their business. You'll just piss people off.

The best is to build relationships. You will find many sales are not posted. Your buddy will call you and offer you a decent deal on something because he knows you, trusts you, and knows what you are looking for.