My sons 8th bday is coming, need gift ideas

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alright so my son is turning 8 at the end of the month. He has his custom spec'd JPechauer cue, I have recently bought him a GC IV table, we have pocket reducers.... He already has a coach/mentor.

Looking for ideas on Billiard related gifts that are reasonably priced.... He has a couple of cue balls autographed by several, CueTec just sent him a SVB signed poster. I have an 8 ball cheap pendant coming along with an Ultimate Team Gear shirt (which may be too big haha).

Looking for any Billiard related suggestions?

For those of you that don't know my son, his name is Jin and he is extremely focused on practicing. He spends more time on drills than playing the game. Before we got the table, he spent 25 hours every weekend at the pool hall, and now spends closer to 30-35 hours each week on a table although its colder in the garage so that time may go down until I figure out a heat fix.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I hope he makes it big someday, I really do. I’m going the other way, encouraging my children to do something else. I personally think pool is a dead end. Enough negativity from me.

As far as pool related gifts, how about his very own azbilliards account?

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alright so my son is turning 8 at the end of the month. He has his custom spec'd JPechauer cue, I have recently bought him a GC IV table, we have pocket reducers.... He already has a coach/mentor.

Looking for ideas on Billiard related gifts that are reasonably priced.... He has a couple of cue balls autographed by several, CueTec just sent him a SVB signed poster. I have an 8 ball cheap pendant coming along with an Ultimate Team Gear shirt (which may be too big haha).

For those of you that don't know my son, his name is Jin and he is extremely focused on practicing. He spends more time on drills than playing the game. Before we got the table, he spent 25 hours every weekend at the pool hall, and now spends closer to 30-35 hours each week on a table although its colder in the garage so that time may go down until I figure out a heat fix.
Teach him not to play at bars on Colfax Ave! (from an ex-Denver resident)

Last edited:

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
What about a cool new camera
I'm sure he already has billiard stuff

Something electronic, and I'm not talking about a light-up cue at the mall

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stocking stuffers:

A good bridge head
Tip tool(s)
Microfiber towel for his cue
Chalk
Chalk holder
Pool books
Cue shaft cleaner
Cue shaft wax
Pechauer joint protectors: http://pechauer.com/joint-protectors
Lesson DVDs: http://pechauer.com/pool-lesson-dvd

Bigger stuff:

Spare shaft (If he is practicing that much he'll be wearing out tips. Why let him get held back even one day waiting for a tip change?)
Pechauer cue extension http://pechauer.com/accessories/butt-extension
Custom Case
Break cue
Bridge cue (to go with bridge head above)

Non-material stuff:

Start a fan page for him. A web site, not Facebook. Links to YouTube videos etc. Updates on his progress. Pictures. Stats. Funny stories. Quotes.

Start a Youtube channel (in your name so it can monetize if something goes viral, I don;t think they let minors monetize).

Some ideas: https://www.ozonebilliards.com/promotions/holiday-gift-guide/

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

He's starting at the right age to become a champion, if he sticks with it, like Shane did! I'd get him a jump cue so he can start to get the feel of that very important shot. And while you're at it, encourage him to play a little left handed each day. That will hold him in good stead later on!

P.S. Don't buy him a copy of Pool Wars! It's R rated, lol. I wouldn't give my grandson a copy (and he wanted one) until he was 14!

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
kids love
Donald Duck comics and toy soldiers

Toy soldiers are so much fun at this age

send me $30 and I will send you a package

the comics are older because they are the best

new comics re kinda adult oriented

I promise to make the boy happy or money back

good luck and
Happy Birthday

Last edited:

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
kids love
Donald Duck comics and toy soldiers

Toy soldiers are so much fun at this age

send me $30 and I will send you a package

the comics are older because they are the best

new comics re kinda adult oriented

I promise to make the boy happy or money back

good lucl and
Happy Birthday

If I send you $60 would you send me two packages of soldiers?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Seriously? How about a nice camera? Time away from the game will be as important as time on table. Photography is both a left-brain/right-brain hobby. May even help his pool visually.

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member

Get him golf clubs, or a tennis racket so he can get a scholarship into college as my son did. But, for pool, get him a REVO shaft cue and he'll have it for the rest of his life.

Superiorduper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A break rak would be a beneficial investment/gift.

A GoPro camera so he/you can take videos of his practice, and artistic photos/videos of the world around him.

He’s probably a little too young to use a lathe but it wouldn’t hurt to get him started doing his own cue maintenance and tip replacements. He’ll learn the nuances of how he wants his cue to play. And also have the means to make a little side money working on other’s cue n shafts. This is probably a better gift in a few years. But you could always buy one for yourself and then teach him?

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A quality baseball glove, 9" or less. Cleats for baseball and soccer. Sign him up for both sports. Get him a basketball, but no goal. Show him some old Pistol Pete videos. A 22 rifle, target practice is awesome at that age. Rod and reel, take him fishing come spring. A quality bow and a big deer target. Get him fitted for a quality putter, He won't need other clubs until he masters putting the rock in the hole.

Absolutely no electronics,

All these sports involve winning and competition necessary for the killer instinct so essential to championship Pool.

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
A stool / movable platform. So he doesn't develop Keith McCready's stroke.
Well, I guess that wouldn't be all bad! :thumbup:

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Many have mentioned some good and interesting things.

He has an iPhone and iPad pro, along with most newer game systems.

For billiards, he has an engraved purple rack from delta-13. Has 3 different bridge setups since he uses them all the time due to height being 7. Break and jump cue will come in time.

He has had a pocket bike, polaris predator 4 wheeler, yamaha ttr50 and a ltm50, at the age of 3 as I been a sponsored rider/coach since 2008. He has more gear than I do haha. He also has been exposed to firearms as I'm a former grunt in the Marine Corps. He shares my AR .22lr but will eventually move onto my other ARs; 9mm, and other custom builds I have.

Just made a purchase for a Gil Castillo nylon butterfly case for Jin in a 4x8 configuration but won't be here until end of January.

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

For billiards, he has an engraved purple rack from delta-13 along with a variety of magic and other racks. His GC IV table does have a cover and 2 sets of pocket reducers..Has 3 different bridge setups since he uses them all the time due to height being 7. Break and jump cue will come in time from Pechauer. Couple of stools...Kamui glover, magic chalk, shapers, microfiber cloths, tip caps from this forum, JP joint protectors, etc.

He has had a pocket bike, polaris predator 4 wheeler, yamaha ttr50 and a ktm50, at the age of 3 as I been a sponsored rider/coach since 2008. He has more gear than I do haha. He also has been exposed to firearms as I'm a former grunt in the Marine Corps. He shares my AR .22 but will eventually move onto my other ARs; 9mm, and other custom builds I have.

Just made a purchase for a Gil Castillo nylon butterfly case for Jin in a 4x8 configuration but won't be here until end of January.

Last edited:

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

For billiards, he has an engraved purple rack from delta-13. Has 3 different bridge setups since he uses them all the time due to height being 7. Break and jump cue will come in time.

He has had a pocket bike, polaris predator 4 wheeler, yamaha ttr50 and a ltm50, at the age of 3 as I been a sponsored rider/coach since 2008. He has more gear than I do haha. He also has been exposed to firearms as I'm a former grunt in the Marine Corps. He shares my AR .22lr but will eventually move onto my other ARs; 9mm, and other custom builds I have.

Will you please adopt me?