measle ball

jologs1

Registered
hi all , why is the measle ball bigger than the object ball ? the measle ball is bigger than any cue ball i have lol ..

tonemachine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi all , why is the measle ball bigger than the object ball ? the measle ball is bigger than any cue ball i have lol ..

Measle ball is the same as a standard CB. If you look through my posts you can find a thread where you can see my measle ball on a scale with a standard aramith ball.

jologs1

Registered
i see . well i think the measle ball is made for aramith balls . i have only used centennials which i thinks is smaller than aramith .. i with they made a measle ball for centennials because i prefer centennials more

jologs1

Registered
here see , measle ball bigger than the others . to me bigger cue ball makes pocketing easier due to more surface/contact area , it would not help my game alot then as it claims to do :grin-square:

ronlovespool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Doesn't look big to me, i just Bought the measle ball so I could stop using this over sized cue ball. It has to be pretty normal sized because now it doesn't come down the cue ball slide because my table is made for over sized cue ball.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Traveling around the country I've seen more goofy sized Centennials than anything. For some reason it's almost always the 2 or 4 ball that is undersized.

As for the measle ball I like them as much as any other cue ball and have never noticed one off size

SlewFootLag

Registered
balls.jpg

The green squares are all the same size. Keep in mind the wide angle distortion on the outer balls skews them a bit. Never heard of an oversized measel...

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Put your measle ball between two other balls on your table. Take a straight edge, or use the rack and place it on top of the balls. The largest ball should show up easily by rocking the straight edge up and down by the ends like a teeter-totter.

jologs1

Registered
well maybe its just an optical illusion . the squares definitely prooves its all the same size . maybe i need glasses haha

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I measure and weigh my pool balls 3x a year.......every 4 months........Centennials are made Aramith......the Measles ball is made by Aramith........both the Centennial pool balls and the Measles ball are the same size and weights........my conclusion based upon having owned 5 sets of Centennials and 1/2 dozen measles pool balls and rigid, extensive testing of the pool balls.......2.25" and 168-169 grams.

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i measure and weigh my pool balls 3x a year.......every 4 months........centennials are made aramith......the measles ball is made by aramith........both the centennial pool balls and the measles ball are the same size and weights........my conclusion based upon having owned 5 sets of centennials and 1/2 dozen measles pool balls and rigid, extensive testing of the pool balls.......2.25" and 168-169 grams.

you nailed it

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
I will also add....there are ''knockoff'' seconds/measles cue balls out there. Make sure yours is in a new blister pack.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Put your measle ball between two other balls on your table. Take a straight edge, or use the rack and place it on top of the balls. The largest ball should show up easily by rocking the straight edge up and down by the ends like a teeter-totter.

I play with 3 or 4 guys who always insist we use their measle balls when we play.

On every occasion, I have done exactly what you described above to show them that their measle cue ball is larger than the rest of the balls on the table.

I know the balls on the table are old and worn down, but there is a noticeable difference in size between their measle balls and the balls provided with the table.

When I show them my cue ball, a red triangle, is the same size as the other balls, they don't want to use it.

To me, I think the measle ball reacts differently than my ball. I can move the measle ball a lot easier than my ball and so can they. It takes more of a stroke to draw my cue ball than it does the measle ball and they don't like that. I have no problem moving it around.

I don't know if they have "real" measle balls or knockoffs, but they all claim they are the real deal and EVERY one of them are larger than the other balls on the table.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I play with 3 or 4 guys who always insist we use their measle balls when we play.

On every occasion, I have done exactly what you described above to show them that their measle cue ball is larger than the rest of the balls on the table.

I know the balls on the table are old and worn down, but there is a noticeable difference in size between their measle balls and the balls provided with the table.

When I show them my cue ball, a red triangle, is the same size as the other balls, they don't want to use it.

To me, I think the measle ball reacts differently than my ball. I can move the measle ball a lot easier than my ball and so can they. It takes more of a stroke to draw my cue ball than it does the measle ball and they don't like that. I have no problem moving it around.

I don't know if they have "real" measle balls or knockoffs, but they all claim they are the real deal and EVERY one of them are larger than the other balls on the table.
I find the measle ball easier to follow and harder to draw. It plays heavier.
I love the red circle. 7

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I find the measle ball easier to follow and harder to draw. It plays heavier.
I love the red circle. 7

How is that possible? It weighs exactly the same as the other 15 balls. Unless you don’t believe in physics;)
I weighed 7 different red circle balls at Buffalo’s, only one weighed 169 grams. One weighed 157 grams, so yes it draws like no tomorrow but follow sucks:thumbup: