Transgender's in Women's Pool League

Should Transgenders Be Allowed to Shoot Pool Against Biological Women?

• Total voters

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Yeah the whole thing does seem a bit hypothetical, but I can get pumped up on thoughts I guess.

I don’t agree with any trans type competing in anything as their “new” gender. Unless it’s already a mixed gender format but I don’t hate on anyone. AK Morning sx...hot.

JC

Coos Cues
Most of the Women are not establish/have never played outside of league so therefore do not have a Fargo rate...The Transgenders do...One is around 560..the other 489...which according to Fargo...both are ranked Women's Masters. The League attempted to get them out that way on a vote but night of vote they did not show up due to being bullied.

. Thank you for your input...however since it is the only league in general vicinity, The women won't be able to play their beloved game of pool. That is just not fair. Many of them go to the table grumbling. I have heard them state,"I don't know why I'm even trying, you're going to win anyways." And before anyone attacks that statement as being defeated already, please do not reply. These are ladies that only want to be out of the house once a week for a good time...The suck it up for the time being but there is so much grumbling. I myself have stopped playing in the league after I spoke out. I watched these Trans-Masters totally obviate their opponents. The prize money at end of season is diminished because the Masters are constantly running the table. IN that league, Table runs are rewarded.

I have been getting a lot of ideas from everyone so I thank you all very much...I probably will try to start a invite only league, (among other criteria) , next year to get away from this very issue.

To the Two Bullies on this thread...spread your hate elsewhere.

Sorry if calling BS triggers you but until you give us some names and a town that's your status. Seems like a question you like to ignore. Calling someone a bully isn't going to validate your nonsense. This isn't Jr. high school.

The pool world is small. If a couples of dudes were dominating women's amateur pool somewhere for years it would be well known by now. If you would have just posed the question without the drama of a fake story you would have been given more respect. Even though it's been discussed here ad nauseum already

Kali8675

Registered
There's been lots of discussion about that here, and the most likely explanation is that there are just lots fewer women interested in pool, so there will naturally be fewer top players.

I think it's also possible that there are innate physical differences that apply to pool - pool is a semi athletic game and men have evolved for that kind of thing.

I support gender choice, but I think it's legitimate to question the fairness of trans women competing in women-only competition (and vice versa) - whether physical advantage means enough in pool to matter is another question.

Next questions: Should trans women (biologically male) be allowed in men-only competition? How about trans men (biologically female)?

pj
chgo

Thank you Patrick for your insight. I believe that Trans have their place just as men and women do. I hold no ill treatment towards them. To be fair, I believe Trans should have their own league. When I spoke to the Trans before we were to shoot, It was a very respectful conversation. I simply stated that I respectfully declined to play her on the grounds that first she was a master playing in a league with unrated women and secondly she was a biological male. When we parted it was on respect, we agreed to disagree. None of you folks were there to watch this transgender play and run the table time after time. Her stance, arm reach, break, & strategies were all screaming MALE. Before I got into leagues, I watched my hubby play since 1973. I didn't play due to kids and such. I have seen MEN play and this Trans was definitely a Male obliterating the women.

What is the answer? I believe it is to separate "sex" from "gender" in the law. We are women and proud of it. We fought hard to find equality, now we are having our rights stripped away by Transgender rights.

We must ensure that by extending the rights of one group we do not deny the rights of others.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This isn't the place for all that. Sorry I mentioned it.

pj
chgo

No need to be sorry.

We can all believe, like or dislike what we want as long as it's with in our laws.

I spent some time in military protecting ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ right so YOU and ME can believe and act any way we want ...again, within the laws.

I do however, try to stay morally intact. I'm sure you do the same, within your beliefs.

Jeff

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't agree with it. My friend plays WPBA events and is Trans. She is cool, she has been living as a woman probably her whole life. She is like a 520-30 Fargo so not a world beater, but its an interesting topic. South Park just did a show on it.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wish I had not voted in the poll.

As a matter of fact, I feel I got baited in the first place.

OP:

Here on AZB, we all (men and women) have a tradition of:

prove it or it didn't happen......in general.

In your case with this particular subject, I'm with most everyone and believe you should either post proof or not post at all.

Good day mam,

Jeff

MJB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Poll needs an option for "Bullshit"

Like Fargo Mike and some others have said, put up a league name or shut up. But you won't put up, because all you're looking to do is push some homophobic bullshit.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is the natural evolution of the progressive "all inclusive" ideology. Remember all those stories about girls playing little league? Or joining the Boy Scouts? Or joining the football team? All in the name of "you can't exclude me just because I'm a girl!"

I saw a man throw a wig on, tell the camera he identified as female, and proceeded to break the Australian dead lift world record for women. Now he wants his record officially acknowledged by the australian government.

IMO, we either need to go back to girl's and boy's both with unique and spectacular abilities and characteristics, or we just do away with separate sexes altogether. It's getting too complicated.

I agree.

Except replace the word complicated with "stupid" or "confusing".

I feel sorry for the next several generations.

Jeff

Altissimo15

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just joined a Women's Pool League only to find out that there are Two Transgenders that have been dominating the league for years. They take all the trophies and top prize money.

The league has been losing members since trans joined. I included. Trans team has even brought in a male sub stating that he was trans for the night. They are making a mockery of Women's pool and women themselves.

They have threatened to sue if they are removed. No attorney will touch the matter since laws have not been established. The women are afraid of speaking up due to bulling and threats by the transgenders.

This is not fair to Biological women who do not posses the physical attributes of the Y chromosome. If we, as women, are made to compete on the same team as men and transgenders, then no women will ever be able to stand a chance. If anyone can be a woman, then there will be no women left.

We must ensure that by extending the rights of one group we do not deny the rights of others. ~ Save Women's Sports!

*****Please Ignore the Extreme Bully on this Thread!*****

As a general belief, as long as the sport isn't physical or contact driven, I don't care if trans women compete again biological women. Generally, I don't see pool/billiards as a sport I'd care if trans women competed in the biological women's brackets as I think of it more a mental game. In your specific case, I think it's a problem with the people as general shitty humans. It's really a shame that the idea of "trans for the night" is an excuse they are able to use.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gather up a few really good men players, put a wig on them, and let them kick their trans asses. Sit back and watch the carnage.

No... I do not agree with biological men playing women's sports. It's like the trans weightlifter who broke the women's record. How fair is that?

On the other hand, practice and get better. There is no reason you cannot beat them at their own game. I truly believe that pool is gender neutral. A woman can be every bit as good as a man. Or better. That's why I didn't vote in this poll.

Last edited:

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since OP can't provide proof...I am going to win next Tuesday's open tournament and then Wednesday, I'm going to identify as a hot ass woman and win that tournament too.

Might be a good way to make some extra $.

Thanks for the idea OP.

PS...If you provide proof, I won't beat the women up next Wednesday.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gather up a few really good men players, put a wig on them, and let them kick their trans asses. Sit back and watch the carnage.

I know I may get flamed by some but, lol...I don't give a ratz-a55:

If a group of strong male players challenged them...they wouldn't play with them.

We have to remember, they can't handle the role of a real man in reality. That's part of the reason they are "confused"....... therefore, trying to find an alternative to the role they were dealt at birth.

Let the flaming begin,

Jeff

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know I may get flamed by some but, lol...I don't give a ratz-a55:

If a group of strong male players challenged them...they wouldn't play with them.

We have to remember, they can't handle the role of a real man in reality. That's part of the reason they are "confused"....... therefore, trying to find an alternative to the role they were dealt at birth.

Let the flaming begin,

Jeff

They may get an offered a date though!;)

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How can a thread like this one NOT get political?

It's not possible to discuss this subject in any detail without talking about the political viewpoint.

For that reason, I wish this thread would get moved.

I had rather hear and read about Side-pockets new 9' diamond......BY FAR!

Jeff